Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Radio acting weird after custom firmware upgrade.

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Radio acting weird after custom firmware upgrade.

Postby Sombra on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:28 pm

I upgraded yesterday and now my radio doesn't work properly. It works but the stations are not corresponding accurately to the radio numbers. (if that makes sense) I have a favorite radio station which is 99.1 here, but now when I tune to 99.1 it isn't that station at all. Is this a known issue with the firmware upgrade? I also notice the fm.ini file is gone after the flashing, would this be causing my issues?
Sombra

Re: Radio acting weird after custom firmware upgrade.

Postby cossie123 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:49 pm

same here
cossie123

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Downgrade it to the official V1.03 and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then it could be a problem with the flashing process. (I have no idea if this will help, just an idea lol).
Wiredbomb0

Postby jasha on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Just tested mine and it still picks up the stations I use on the correct frequency. Using 1.03 TD3
jasha

Postby Sombra on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 am

It is a custom firmware issue. I switched back to firmware 1.1 and was able to scan all the local radio stations (could not do that with the custom firmware) and I had no trouble picking up the proper stations on the tuner.
Sombra

Postby superunknown on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:08 am

Good evening, I can confirm the weird behaviour of radio in 1.03-TD3 firmware. Before flashing my dingoo with 1.03-TD3 I made FM bandwidth scan and found 15 stations. After flashing, in the same precise location, during the same time, with the same headphones attached it finds only 8. But there's even more. If I choose to enter radio frequency manually, tune to 88.0 and hear the station A. Then I tune 0.1 Mhz up to 88.1 and hear the next station B (which should not be there, but anyway). Then I tune back to 88.0 and it picks some other third station C, which is not A and is not B. And so on.

And another small thing. When (in 'radio setup') I choose 'external playlist' and then do 'update fm channel list' ("updata";), it switches back to 'internal playlist' in the prefrences.

I have only one explanation why jasha doesn't have this problem and Sombra and me do have it. We probably have different dingoos. jasha, Sombra, what are your models and colors?

Mine is black with 9331 LCD controller.
superunknown

Postby Sombra on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:51 am

Also black with 9331 LCD controller.
Sombra

Postby neutrOpik on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:51 am

Does anyone testing to go back in 1.1, making a full scan, and use the setting file on 1.03 custom?

tank's
neutrOpik
Team Gueux / Gx-mod.com
PSP, NDS, Wii, Xbox, PS3, Dingoo, Gp2x and more..
neutrOpik

Postby superunknown on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 pm

neutrOpik wrote:Does anyone testing to go back in 1.1, making a full scan, and use the setting file on 1.03 custom?

I tried that. does not work. it doesn't even notice FM.INI in 1.03 custom.
superunknown

Postby remax on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:43 am

I have the same problem with mine : black with 9331 LCD controller and 1.03 custom
remax

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks