Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Poweroff / Shutdown code in zImage?

Linux on Dingoo Installation, releases, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Poweroff / Shutdown code in zImage?

Postby codiak on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:58 pm

@blizz: I have noticed that too, but it seems works. I get no errors when booted dingux again.
codiak

Postby Chris23235 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:37 pm

blizz wrote:Edit: Forget that... it boots if i hold the powerbutton for about 3 seconds after the shutdown. Normally i only have to hit the power button and it boots. I#m not entirely sure if it shuts down completely...

Same here, wonder if it shuts down too, or is it the native OS that isn't shutting real down?
Chris23235

Postby BrendanSmall on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:04 pm

I did notice that it takes a few extra seconds to power up after shutting down in Dingux.
BrendanSmall

Postby vimrc on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi, guys, it's true dingoo will take three seconds to power up after shutting down. I am sure
the function of poweroff works well. drowsnug mentioned this point in:
the-official-linux-development-thread-t413-360.html#p9433

Additionally, his codes did the similar function as indicated in the document released by Ingenic:
ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/6an/AN4740_01_rtc.pdf
You can find the hardware time sequence to poweroff dingoo in its relevant chapter.

Anyway, I will try to make the dingux power up faster in the future but it needs time. You know,
you can also find several clues from older ucosii's package leaked by Ingenic, but we can't get official support
from Ingenic right now, they mask lots of secrets.

At the current stage, you can always use the modified zImage safely.
vimrc

Postby difuno on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:41 am

Thanks for this great job. It works on both LCD version machines as I tested.

I also noticed the problem that it takes longer to power up the machine than usual.

Here's a question I have, why powering up the machine after it gets shut down by pressing the slide button in the native system takes shorter time? Does it mean that the machine's not ACTAULLY shut down?
difuno

Postby volcanic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:55 am

difuno wrote:Thanks for this great job. It works on both LCD version machines as I tested.

I also noticed the problem that it takes longer to power up the machine than usual.

Here's a question I have, why powering up the machine after it gets shut down by pressing the slide button in the native system takes shorter time? Does it mean that the machine's not ACTAULLY shut down?

I'm quite sure the power off operation is complete in both native os and dingux.Because the coulometer in snes9x(1002 version) kept the same level(full is abt 4200 and low power is abt 3000) after you turned on one day later. But I can't tell the difference.
volcanic

Previous

Return to Dingux