Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

NO PC can see the Dingoo anymore

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

NO PC can see the Dingoo anymore

Postby adolobe on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Hello I hope someone here can shed some light on this for me. When i first got my Dingoo my pc would recognize it as an external mass storage device and i could drag and drop what files i wanted on it. This was about 2 months ago.

Today I decided to try and install Dingux on my dingoo however no pc would see it when i pluged in the usb cord. Even the orginal pc would no longer see it as a mass storage device and running the hardware wizard would not find it as well nor was it listed in my device manager. The dingoo would show the usb icon on the screen for a few seconds then go to the battery icon. This was on a computer running windows XP SP2.

I moved to another computer this one with XP SP3 still the same events would repeat. Computer would not even recognize that anything was plugged in and the usb icon would pop up on the dingoo and then go to the battery screen. I tried this with 3 different cables, The original one and two others that i had from a digital camera and the PSP.

Next I moved to my laptop with Vista x64 sp2. Still nothing same events.

My final try was on my brothers laptop with Vista x32 SP1 again same event, computer would not recognize anything was plugged in but the dingoo would show the usb icon for a few second and then go to the battery icon.

I tried all 4 computers with 3 different usb cables each. I also updated the firmware from 1.03 to 1.1 and still on all 4 machines the same events.

I noticed if i wiggle the usb cable slightly in the dingoo i would pop the Finish Updating msg along the bottom for a second.

Has anyone noticed this behavior before and able to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
adolobe

Re: NO PC can see the Dingoo anymore

Postby athlon4011 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 pm

hmmm with your last note on the usb cable wiggle. it could be that the recieve mini usb slot on your dingoo could be "loose". I would try just holding the cable in the dingoo as flush as you can get it and maybe that might help.

I don't see it being a computer problem of course with the different computers and different "flavors" of winblows.

The back of my mind wants to say this is a 100% hardware issue with your dingoo, but of course i could be wrong. If you have a buddy that has a mac try that. I always use a mac and have plugged my dinggo into many different computers. Sometimes it won't show up on winblows or some rare "flavors" of linux. but I have plugged it into about 4 different macs and it recognizes it every time.

But like i said it sounds like a hardware issue with your dingoo. but try those things and see if it helps
athlon4011

Highscores: 4

Postby bentodd2000 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:06 pm

try cleaning the connector. It sounds like it is the mini usb port. Try blowing into the usb port on your a320. Kind of the same thing if it does not recognize your mini sd. If that does not work you can try pluging in the mini usb. then try putting pressure one way or another then use tape or a rubber band to hold it in a position where it will recognize the a320. Then floow the steps to install the dualboot. Then just put all your games on a sd card. then you can only use the usb for charging. I don't know if this helps but if you can get around using the usb most of the time you will be in good shape.
bentodd2000

Postby andydon on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:57 am

hello, I come from Taiwan, I am sorry, my English is not very good, you say this issue in China, many people have this kind of failure, the computer does not recognize the USB device that plugs into the transmission line is also absolutely no action, hoping that we can help me to solve the problem, it should be e-board failure, but do not know where the fault
andydon

Postby Bingo83 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Have you recently downloaded and installed some O/S fixes ?

I had the same problem with my Dingoo no longer being recognised by my laptop running Vista. Seems to be a problem in one of the newer service pack updates.

There is a fix :)

Download THIS

All you need to do is download file, USBSTOR.sys. This version is taken from Windows XP. Rename the original just in case.

The file goes in C:/Windows/system32/drivers/

As with any driver issues you use this at your own risk. It fixed mine.
Bingo83

Postby eule on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 pm

What happens if you press Power + B and then connect the Dingoo to the PC? It should find a Chinachip USB device (or something like that), if not, there´s probably something very wrong.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Link on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm having the same issue with a Mac & PC.

My native NeoGeo won't work. I'm trying to copy the files across to the Dingoo. Nothing finds the Dingoo, Mac OSX & Windows XP.

I'm not using the cable that came with Dingoo, but the cable charges the Dingoo just fine via PC or Mac. I'm gonna try the OEM cable tomorrow & see if its just a cable issue not the Dingoo itself.

I'm still running 1.03 which came on my Dingoo, I don't find 1.1 needed, it just added language support.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Link
Link

Postby MeneerJansen on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Link: what version of Windows do you use? Win Vista is known to have an issue w/ service pack 2 and the Dingoo. WinXP and Ubuntu 9.4 Linux however: no prob.! You might try a recent version of one of the various 'live' versions of Linux (they run from CD).

Good luck :)
MeneerJansen

Postby Link on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm

MJ,

I've used the same PC running XP that i used to install Dingux. Now it won't recognize it, I tried using the RockBox USB driver included w/ Dingux, but still no luck.

Anyone have success with Mac OSX?

I don't think I'm alone on this issue.

Ciao,

Link
Link

Postby athlon4011 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Link wrote:Anyone have success with Mac OSX?

My dingoo always connects to my mac at work no prob.
athlon4011

Highscores: 4

Next

Return to A320 hardware