Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

MOST EASY WAY TO LOAD DINGUX, MAME AND SNES ON YOUR DINGOO

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

MOST EASY WAY TO LOAD DINGUX, MAME AND SNES ON YOUR DINGOO

Postby z_man3007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:02 am

Note: Lots of folks sent me emails regarding problem they were having after extracting the previous Partitions2imge.zip file. I am really sorry about that I have just fixed it and reloaded the new file (partition.tar.gz). If you compress files and folders with .zip format than all your files and folders looses it's original credentials. But if you compress them with .tar.gz format all the files and folders will still have their original credentials. For that reason all the folks were getting the error message which says init cannot be executed.

HELLO FOLKS, Z_MAN3007 IS BACK, BUT THIS TIME NOT WITH VIDEO BUT WITH FILES. YES, THAT'S RIGHT WITH FILES. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CREATE PARTITIONS IN YOUR MINI-SD CARD AND DOWNLOAD ZIMAGE FILE TO YOUR FAT32 PARTITIONS AND THE partition.tar.gz file to your EXT3 partition. That's all you need and than just download roms for MAME, SNES, SEGA MASTER SYSTEM , and GNUBOY. After that you can paly without any problem, also on top of that MAME display problem has been fixed and I have put that as well in the Partitions2image.zip file. So, what does that mean?

That means you don't have to download dmenu, mame, snes, master system and not only that everything has been configured for you. All you need to do is just create the 2 partitions on your mini-sd card and download zImage_dual_boot_installer_ILI9331 or ILI9325 (depending on your LCD Controller) to the FAT32 partitions and the partition.tar.gz file to your EXT3 partition and extract the file in your EXT3 partitions. If you don't know how to do that please refer to my step by step videos. Here is the download links.

1. http://dingoo-linux.googlecode.com/files/zImage-20090707-ILI9331 - THIS IS THE ILI9331 ZIMAGE FILE

2. http://dingoo-linux.googlecode.com/files/zImage-20090707-ILI9325 - THIS IS THE ILI9325 ZIMAGE FILE

NOTE: Once you copy and paste them to the FAT32 partitions don't forget to rename the zImage_dual_boot_installer_ILI9331 OR ILI9325 to zImage.

Rename to
zImage_dual_boot_installer_ILI9331 ----------------------------> zImage

Rename to
zImage_dual_boot_installer_ILI9331 -----------------------------> zImage

Here is the link for partition.tar.gz file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnuymytzwny - EXT3 Partition file. (Once you copy to your EXT3 partitions don't forget to extract the file inside the EXT3 partition.

Here is the ROM Folder's path for each emulators:

MAME: /root/mame4all/roms
SNES: /usr/games/roms/snes
Sega Master Systems: /usr/games/roms/Seg-Master_System
Gameboy: /usr/games/roms/gameboy

PLEASE, PUT EACH EMULATORS ROMS TO THEIR RESPECTIVE FOLDERS. AT THE END PLEASE ENJOY.........
:D :D :D :D
Last edited by z_man3007 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
z_man3007

Re: MOST EASY WAY TO LOAD DINGUX, MAME AND SNES ON YOUR DINGOO

Postby Fulton on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:37 pm

z-man3007 this is fantastic!

You da man! Or the Z-Man as the case may be!

This will really help newbies like me get the most out of our Dingoos. One question, though, what size SD mini card do I need for this to work?

I have a 1 GB card, will I need to get a larger one to handle Dingux, dmenu, etc.?

Fulton
Fulton

Postby mr_beetty on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:55 pm

you're awesome!! now i -really- need to get a new micro SD and mini adapter :roll:
mr_beetty

Postby z_man3007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 pm

1 G is good enough. But I would suggest you to get at least a 4 G mini-sd card.
z_man3007

Postby Haas on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:23 pm

hmm i got it to work but only the linux games are working doom and duke etc don't work.
Haas

Postby Haas on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Donkey kong an snesx is aweseom btw!!!
Haas

Postby gadgetmiser on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Hey zman, thanks for the .zip! However, what needs to be done to get Heretic/Hexen/PRboom and Duke 3d working? When you have time, it wold be much appreciated if you can let us know!
gadgetmiser

Postby CUPC4KES on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:49 pm

thanks for the help z man but im having problems extracting the stuff for the ext3 partiition, i keep getting this message:

An error occurred while extracting files.

ive tried downloading the file 3 times, all with no luck and tried extracting in a few different ways, anyone else having any problems with this? cheers for any help
CUPC4KES

Postby PinkVolt on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 am

CUPC4KES wrote:thanks for the help z man but im having problems extracting the stuff for the ext3 partiition, i keep getting this message:

An error occurred while extracting files.

ive tried downloading the file 3 times, all with no luck and tried extracting in a few different ways, anyone else having any problems with this? cheers for any help

Make sure you're decompressing it with root access. In terminal, write
sudo nautilus
and then navigate to your folder and uncompress it to your miniSD. It will still show the error, but it will work.
PinkVolt

Postby CUPC4KES on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm

i was going via the terminal: sudo nautilus path but no luck, so i tried extracting it a folder at a time, they all copied over fine apart from the VAR folder, so i just left that out and it seems to work fine. thanks for the help
CUPC4KES

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks