Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Linux kernel booting ...

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Linux kernel booting ...

Postby gadgetmiser on Mon May 04, 2009 10:06 am

Hi all
Booboo has managed to get a linux kernal booting. The bootup sequence is here: http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... linux.html

How close - or far - are we?!
Last edited by gadgetmiser on Mon May 04, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gadgetmiser

Re: Linux kernel booting ...

Postby welshmouse on Mon May 04, 2009 10:18 am

gadgetmiser wrote:Hi all
Ignatio Perez has managed to get a linux kernal booting. The bootup sequence is here: http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... linux.html

How close - or far - are we?!

yeah i spotted this on dingoo-scene earlier. it looks very promising. he got a fair ways through the boot process and theres nothing there that looks like it cant be worked around (though im no expert on installing linux on a handheld :P)

if we can get a working linux kernal on our dingoo's, the possibilities wil be endless. lets hope we get it sooner rather than later.
welshmouse

Postby sinman on Mon May 04, 2009 11:48 am

sinman

Postby fanoush on Wed May 06, 2009 8:04 am

Does Booboo visit any english forum or does he have english blog? Or could someone from Spain point him here for some discussion and lot of thanks in english?

I wonder if he managed to determine GPIOs for the buttons and whether the Y/B button issue is really software issue or not. It would be also nice to see something (like uboot or linux kernel patches) published by him once the dust settles a bit so others could join the linux on dingoo game.

I also wonder if we could dual boot original system from flash with linux kernel + rootfs from SD card so people could easily run homebrew created for both systems.
fanoush

Postby sinman on Wed May 06, 2009 9:46 am

Estay tunned!!!!

sinman

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed May 06, 2009 10:04 am

Wow, that looks cool. Could someone translate the jargon into readable english please? My linux-reading skills seem to fail me now :roll:
Wiredbomb0

Postby sinman on Wed May 06, 2009 10:06 am

Well, it seems linux load all drivers but can't mount Root file-system yet. Fortunately this isn't a big problem because i think is a config problem.
sinman

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed May 06, 2009 10:27 am

Ah...that makes more sence. What exactly would be changed to get the config correct?
Wiredbomb0

Postby ezelkow1 on Wed May 06, 2009 3:42 pm

The root file system is freely available on the ingenic ftp site. So either they did not have the root file system actually flashed onto the dingoo, or the kernel wasnt looking at the correct location/mtdblock of the filesystem to find it. Either way its not very complicated at all and I suspect they should have it running very very soon if that is the only problem they have left. At that point in the boot process it is pretty much complete unless there are a few drivers left to load that are stored in the file system and not in the kernel.
ezelkow1

Postby Bingo83 on Wed May 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Great news for the scene. All hail BooBoo and his dermination to get this sorted.

With Linux sorted better emulation is just a short hop away =)
Bingo83

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks