Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LINUX IS SO CLOSE!!!

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: LINUX IS SO CLOSE!!!

Postby martinax85 on Sun May 17, 2009 8:32 pm

For NOW it needs a pc to get booted, connected to usb... But now that Linux boots (with sdl), sound works, mp3 playback works and keys work, I'd think it wont take long now until the pc connection requirement is gone ;) !

AND... Once we DO have linux 100% native and ready, perhaps it could be installed as a "big" firmware :D !

Wait and see :mrgreen: !!!
martinax85

Postby ezelkow1 on Sun May 17, 2009 11:59 pm

The only reason the pc is needed right now is because I think he doesnt want to risk permanently bricking his dingoo. With the usb he can boot using the ingenic uboot app which lets him transfer over a linux kernel on the fly. If he didnt use that he would have to have a permanently modified bootloader to point to the kernel location, but if he did that and screwed up he would have to go through the whole unbricking procedure and didnt want to deal with that for any screw ups until he has it all completely working. That is at least what I gathered from the forum posts. I dont think its that hard of a change, he just doesnt want to have to deal with it at this point.
ezelkow1

Postby sold on Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 am

I hope linux will allow us to replace the standard firmware if everything that the Dingoo currently does can be done in linux. Imo it would be preferable to be able to access all the storage available through linux and have it boot gmenu as the frontend. With the option to have a flash screen over the linux boot sequence it would look pretty slick.

Here is a video of a quick and dirty port of Gmenu2x running on the A320: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z8Dq9f5-h8
sold

Postby martinax85 on Mon May 18, 2009 5:08 am

OMG, ALREADY :shock: :shock: :shock:
martinax85

Postby apexultima on Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am

Well that video prooves that great things are coming for the A320 8-)
apexultima

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Mon May 18, 2009 8:56 am

apexultima wrote:Well that video prooves that great things are coming for the A320 8-)

'Nuff said.
Wiredbomb0

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks