Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LCD Viewing Angle

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

LCD Viewing Angle

Postby CapnDistracto on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:22 am

I've read some conflicting opinions from people regarding the viewing angle on the Dingoo's screen. I've noticed that looking at the screen of my Dingoo head on makes for a poor viewing angle. If I tilt the unit slightly to the right, it's perfect. Even tilting it extremely to the right, it maintains excellent viewing angle, however, if I tilt the unit at all to the left the screen appears nearly black.

Is this a problem with how the screen is mounted inside the body? Or perhaps could the stock screen protector over the face of the unit be distorting this?

Thanks in advance, and cheers!
CapnDistracto

Re: LCD Viewing Angle

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:44 am

I haven't noticed anything like that. My mother (who was the first person I showed my dingoo to when I got it, when I opened it to test if it actually worked), she had problems seeing the screen on a slight angle. I didn't notice it much, but looking at it directly is fantastic. I don't think the mounting is the problem, maybe the actual screen itself is different from lets say the DS screen? I don't really know.

Geez, I didn't think I would be posting in a topic, mere minutes after I posted in your introduction topic :lol:
Wiredbomb0

Postby Chip on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:11 am

The issue definitely exists, but to what degree it bothers you is up to personal opinion. I see a difference when holding the A320 at severe angles, but at what I would consider "normal" viewing angles, it looks fine.
Everything you need to know about the Dingoo A320 - A320 Wiki
Everything you need to know about the Pandora - Pandora FAQ
Chip

Postby CapnDistracto on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks for the responses, both of you. I'm pretty forgiving of poor LCD viewing angles after owning the original GBA and a DS Phat. When there are all bright colors, for example an episode of an anime with blue sky, white buildings, and characters in view, it looks fine head on. But if anyone is wearing dark clothing or if I'm watching a live action movie with any sort of shadows, I have to tilt probably 20-30 degrees to the right to make anything out.
CapnDistracto

Return to A320 hardware