Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

I would like to buy a Dingoo BUT...

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

I would like to buy a Dingoo BUT...

Postby careful on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:51 pm

the only problem that has been concerning me is whether or not a new and better dingoo model / Dingoo-like product would be coming out soon. Does this seem like a worthy concern? What do you guys think?
careful

Re: I would like to buy a Dingoo BUT...

Postby Dan on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:24 pm

The Dingoo is a cheap Chinese portable media player. Cheap Chinese portable media players seem to spring into existence without warning every day. It is certainly conceivable that a better one could appear tomorrow. Perhaps you should wait for a few days, or weeks, or years, or just until you are no longer concerned about what may or may not be right around the corner.
Dan

Postby emusan on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:16 pm

the company who made the Dingoo is working on another game system, but there is no planned release date, so I recommend getting the Dingoo now, as it could be a few years before the new one is available.
emusan

Postby careful on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Ok, I see. Thank you for your responses. I have one more generic, moronic question that I probably shouldn't ask

but I will anyhow. How feasible does the idea of the Dingoo being able to emulate these systems it already has support for at their original speeds seem? Should Linux make this possible? I know this is kind of a shady area for question and I'm sorry if this is annoying... I'm just a kid without a well paying job.
careful

Postby flatmush on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:32 am

I would say that it's highly probable that all the current emulators will run at acceptable speeds eventually, as well as some other old console emulators, but don't go holding out for fullspeed playstation anytime soon.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

Postby careful on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:09 am

Ha-ha, I wouldn't expect that. Thanks, I'm feeling pretty good about getting one now and I think I will soon.

I don't see why someone would really want the gp2x wiz when yet this is cheaper, smaller, more visually pleasing, and will eventually play all of these old platforms just fine.
careful

Postby flatmush on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:13 am

I'm not a fan of the price of the wiz, or its buttons and interface but it is a much more advanced/powerful machine than the dingoo and probably higher build quality too.

The advantages of the wiz:
-More powerful processor
-More memory
-Graphics acceleration
-Touchscreen
-Better screen
-Better support/software

So for example I wouldn't be surprised if the wiz was capable of fullspeed playstation emulation.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

Postby careful on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Ok, I see.

I have one last question and then I'll shut up. I asked if the Dingoo would be able to emulate all of the old games but does it seem like the dingoo would have hardware capable of emulating Super Mario RPG? I know the cartridge of the original game uses a special chip. If it's too early to tell and I'm being annoying I'm really sorry.
careful

Postby kamiyay on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:09 pm

The Dingoo cannot emulate anything that requires an FX chip (Mario Kart, Starfox, Super Mario RPG, etc.)

When linux emulation gets better, we may see a change in this, but it won't be for a while.
kamiyay

Postby hazza1981 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 am

All I would say is that its pretty cheap and just about plays most games I throw it (I have tried snes, gba, cps1 and 2). Some people may be a bit nitpicky with regards to frame skip but as a casual gamer I find it more than satisfactory and cps2 games just look amazing on it.
hazza1981

Next

Return to A320 hardware