Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

I can't play "Interesting games" anymore [semi solved]

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

I can't play "Interesting games" anymore [semi solved]

Postby MeneerJansen on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:19 pm

The weirdest thing happened to me today. I turn on my Dingoo, go to "Interesting game", go to one of the directories that is filled w/ games (I can see them clearly w/ my PC). And none of them show up! Duuuuuuhhhh???? Anything else works: Dinux, Radio, Music, 3D Games, etc. etc.

Wooooot? Help me please. :cry:
Last edited by MeneerJansen on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeneerJansen

Re: I can't play any of the "Interesting games" anymore!???

Postby Harteex on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Are your sim-files still present on the dingoo?
Harteex

Postby MeneerJansen on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Yep. All of them. I agree w/ you: it must be the SIM files that are buggin' me...

[edit] Overwrote all SIM's w/ the ones from here. That did not work. Help me please :cry:
Last edited by MeneerJansen on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeneerJansen

Postby Harteex on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Do you have very many games in the same directory? try to see if it works in a directory with less roms.

Also try to refresh the files with Update Jukebox.
Harteex

Postby MeneerJansen on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Alas, deleting a lot of games does not work. Strange thing is that I do not see the file called "neogoe.zip" anymore either (but it;s still there!). (After unboxing the Dingoo I had to acivate that file one to be able to play NeoGeo games).

[edit] Stop the Press: I updated the Jukebox after deleting some games (and took out the SD card). And it works again! Oemphhh! :o
MeneerJansen

Postby MeneerJansen on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 pm

[Update] Reinserted mySD card and updated the music dbase again. And guess what: no "interestng games". Removed SD card, updated Jukebox, and the "interesting games" reappeared again like magic. Duuuuh? :?:
MeneerJansen

Postby bouvrie on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:44 pm

This might also be related to the SD card corruption bug, when you have used Dingux/Linux? Or aren't you using an SD card?
bouvrie

Postby MeneerJansen on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 pm

I'd like to read some more on the infamous SD card corruption bug. Yesterday I had to re-format my SD card because strange things had happened. Maybe something strange happened to the internal memory because of this too. But chances of that are dim because Dingux can't even mount (or read) the internal volume.

But one thing is for sure: the Jukebox dbase and the "interesting games" (native emulators, that is) are connected somehow... Strange, but true.
MeneerJansen

Re: I can't play "Interesting games" anymore [semi solved]

Postby bouvrie on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:10 am

I'm running Windows 7 atm, and I notice every time I plug in the Dingoo, Windows asks me whether I want to "Scan and fix" the removable storage.

I wonder what triggers this behavior in Windows as it obviously thinks both the SDcard AND Dingoo's internal storage might be corrupt. I also don't know whether the Scan & Fix (probably like Windows XP's checkdisk) might be able to corrupt the Dingoo's internal storage.

AFAIK, only Dingux can corrupt the filesystem. And only the SDCard Fat32 filesystem, when it is written to. But I don't trust Windows 7 too much, nor the Dingoo to deal with possible 'fixes' Windows does... :P
bouvrie

Re: I can't play "Interesting games" anymore [semi solved]

Postby MeneerJansen on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Bouvrie: search the forum for Vista or Windows 7. Win Vista and up does not recognize the usb Dingoo device well.
MeneerJansen

Next

Return to A320 hardware