Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

How to connect the dingoo to Ubuntu 9.04

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

How to connect the dingoo to Ubuntu 9.04

Postby NonExistent on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

Maybe I just suck with terminal but how is it possible to connect the dingoo to ubuntu 9.04? I just got mine today and i would love to get some games on here.
NonExistent

Re: How to connect the dingoo to Ubuntu 9.04

Postby Harkins on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:16 am

I posted on the Ubuntu Forums about how I did it manually. Unfortunately, no one's suggested how to set Ubuntu to see it automatically when you plug it in.
Harkins

Postby NonExistent on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:34 am

This doesn't allow nautlius to move files does it?
NonExistent

Postby knk on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:13 am

fix the partition, check my post around here. It's titled something like did anyones dingoo come with some messed up partition. Basically the dingoo uses the whole device as a partition. e.g. /dev/sda whereas is should be using a partition on that device. e.g. /dev/sda1
knk

Postby batman52 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:33 am

I found that after having connected my dingoo manually on ubuntu (as decribed in another thread here) and rebooting, vista asked to me to perform a disk check on the device (say yes!). After doing this my dingoo is correctly automounted even in linux :-) ... anyway SD card never gave problems so i supose that creating a full new partition from scratch should work also.
batman52

Postby arcadekidflo on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:12 pm

What about Windows 7 ? Any fix yet ?
arcadekidflo

Postby knk on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:38 pm

the win7 fix should be the same as the linux fix. I THINK. please test it so we know
knk

Postby iliyan on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:50 pm

arcadekidflo wrote:What about Windows 7 ? Any fix yet ?

Here is a solution to "see" your Dingoo under Win7 by using VMWare
iliyan

Postby knk on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:21 am

thats hardly a fix, more a workaround. it would be nice if someone could actually test my method. I do not run windows 7 or vista so i can't check. I can however say that the partition layout, or lackof does cause all the problems with gnome's automounting system(gnome-volume-manager). So that fix would definiitely work for ubuntu.

did-anyone-elses-dingoo-come-with-some-messed-up-partition-t514.html

instructions are towards the bottom of that thread. Also if you prefer you could use the graphical tool "gparted" instead of the terminal.....Basically copy everything off the dingoo. make a new partition table(dos one), add a fat32 partition and copy your stuff back.

edit: forgot to say, if using the gparted method. Run killall gnome-volume-manager beforehand or youll get all sorts of issues with gnome automounting the drive. In order to get automount working again either reboot or go to System>preferences>removable drives and media. Then just close that window off and your all good.
knk

Return to A320 hardware