Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

HELP! JZ4740 USB Boot Device needed to mount A320's drive,

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

HELP! JZ4740 USB Boot Device needed to mount A320's drive,

Postby Vmurp on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:24 am

I hope someone here can help me. I searched all kinds of forums and I cannot find a solution for this anywhere.

Like others here, my computer suddenly stopped recognizing the Dingoo's drive. It makes the connection SOUND but no drive is visible. I can, however, see it in the Device Manager, but I can't do anything with it there, except update the driver (which I did and it told me it was already up-to-date).

So I tried the "reset method" (holding the "B" button while resetting the Dingoo) and a message pops up on my computer saying "Windows needs to install the USB driver for JZ4740 USB Boot Device", and asks me if I want to search for it. I chose "yes" but windows couldn't find the software online, so I did some more digging and found the following instructions on Dingoo-Digital's website... (btw, I'm running Vista)

INSTALLING THE USB DRIVER IN WINDOWS VISTA:
1. Put the Dingoo a-320 is USB mode by pressing and holding the B button while inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole
2. Conect the USB cable between your computer and Dingoo
3. Now you need to install the windows USB driver for JZ4740 USB Boot device. Click "Locate and install driver software"
4. Click on "I don't have the disc. Show me other options"
5. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
6. Browse to where you extracted the files and choose "Next".
7. Accept the security warning by clicking "Install this driver software anyway"
8. The driver should now install and a final confirmation screen should pop up informing you that the driver was successfully installed as "Chinachip USB loader". Click "Close"

The instructions require that I have the driver software somewhere on my computer, so I had to go looking for it. The ONLY place I could find the JZ4740 driver was in a download for the Dingoo's custom firmware v1.03, which is an older version than what I have installed on my Dingoo.

I have Official firmware v1.1, however the v1.1 download doesn't contain the JZ4740 driver, so I had no choice. I went ahead and downloaded the custom firmware one. After all, I'm not flashing my firmware...I only need the JZ4740 driver.

So I connect the Dingoo again and repeat the process, completing step #6 (directing windows right TO the driver) and I click "next" to proceed...only instead of getting the results mentioned above in steps 7 and 8, I just get another message saying "No Driver Software was Found", even though it's right there in a folder on my desktop.

I don't know what else to do. AFAIK, this is a windows issue, not a Dingoo issue. The JZ4740 driver is for the computer, not the Dingoo. And there are other devices that use this driver as well, so I can't understand why I'm not able to find an answer to this. I tried googling the words "driver for JZ4740 USB Boot Device" (with and without quotes) but can't find anything similar to my situation.
Vmurp

Re: HELP! JZ4740 USB Boot Device needed to mount A320's drive,

Postby jasha on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:18 am

Vista SP2 broke some USB drivers and the Dingoo is one of them - the only way round it at the moment is to roll back to SP1
jasha

Postby eule on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:35 am

the driver is in the recovery tool.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Vmurp on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 pm

jasha wrote:Vista SP2 broke some USB drivers and the Dingoo is one of them - the only way round it at the moment is to roll back to SP1

But I had SP2 way before my Dingoo and it was connecting fine for about a month. And why would everyone else on the forum be able to connect? I'm sure many of them have SP2 as well.

Gah...I wouldn't even know how to roll back to SP1 :(
Vmurp

Postby Vmurp on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:10 pm

eule wrote:the driver is in the recovery tool.

That's a different driver. The ILI9331 Fairlight driver in the recovery tool is for the Dingoo. The JZ4740 USB Boot Device driver is for Windows. Besides, I already have the ILI9331 Fairlight driver on my computer, and when I pointed windows to that driver as well, it still said "no driver was found". So even if that was the right driver, why can't windows recognize it?
Vmurp

Postby jasha on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 pm

I've tried it on 3 machines with SP2, all give the same results as you describe. revert to SP1 and it connects fine again, install a virtual box with XP, and it connects fine again. Hell, the SP2 even kills the drivers for some USB memory sticks, wireless and bluetooth dongles, among other things.

SP2 has been out exactly one month today, so I'm not sure how your dates work out, nontheless it's the only way I can get it to connect on any of my machines.

Sorry if it doesnt help you, but those are the facts from all my testing.
jasha

Postby eule on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:00 pm

I mean, there is a folder named usb_drv, and inside are 2 files: Jz4740_usb.inf and Jz4740_usb.sys.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Vmurp on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:13 pm

jasha wrote:SP2 has been out exactly one month today, so I'm not sure how your dates work out, ...

Ohhh, I didn't realize that. I thought it was longer. Hey, that's exactly the last time I successfully plugged in my Dingoo!

install a virtual box with XP, and it connects fine again.

I only recently switched from Mac to PC, so I'm still somewhat of a noob with Windows stuff. I'm not sure what a virtual box is? Any chance you'd be willing to help walk me through it? :geek:
Vmurp

Postby Vmurp on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 pm

eule wrote:I mean, there is a folder named usb_drv, and inside are 2 files: Jz4740_usb.inf and Jz4740_usb.sys.

Oh ok. Yes, I have that folder too (with those exact files). That's the one I first directed it to. But windows just couldn't recognize the enclosed driver.

I even opened the .inf file to see what was in it and found the following message...
The wizard cannot create exact INF files for all buses and device types. You may have to make changes to this file in order to get your device to install.

I thought that might have been the problem, but I had no clue what to modify or if that even applied to this situation.
Vmurp

Postby jordanvachon on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:35 pm

just like that... my pc see it too ... but cant find any driver , sound like you right ? BUT i have windows 7 , they killed some usb things on that too? , those little bastard!!!
jordanvachon

Next

Return to A320 hardware