Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

HELP! JZ4740 USB Boot Device needed to mount A320's drive,

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: HELP! JZ4740 USB Boot Device needed to mount A320's drive,

Postby eule on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Can´t get the dingoo to work on a win7 pc too. Very weird, why do they change something that essential like USB? erm, and sorry for not reading the post... :oops:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Vmurp on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 am

eule wrote:Can´t get the dingoo to work on a win7 pc too. Very weird, why do they change something that essential like USB? erm, and sorry for not reading the post... :oops:

I was told I need to revert back to SP1, but I don't know how. I'm fairly new to PC's. (I was a Mac user until recently) I was hoping someone might help me, but no one responded. :(
Vmurp

Postby eule on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:28 am

Well, you should be able to deinstall it like a normal program, over the software button in the system controls, i don´t know exactly how it´s called in english windows though, as i only have a german version.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Vmurp on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 am

eule wrote:Well, you should be able to deinstall it like a normal program, over the software button in the system controls, i don´t know exactly how it´s called in english windows though, as i only have a german version.

Does sp2 install over sp1? Like if I uninstall sp2, would I have to find another sp1 and install it again, or is it already there. Also, I thought sp2 fixed security exploits. Would it really be safe to uninstall it?

I just checked my installed programs and I don't even see it there. The only thing in there with an SP2 on it is something called "MSXML 4.0 SP2" (two of them actually) installed in Feb 08 and Nov 08 (respectively), but those can't be the service pack because "Jasha" said, earlier in the thread, that SP2 was only just released a month ago, on May 26.
Vmurp

Postby jasha on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:57 am

click add/remove programs/features, then click 'view installed updates', it's under Microsoft Windows and will be called Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB948465)

oh, and to address the other posts - SP1 will still be there, and the security updates in SP2 are mainly cumulative, i.e. they have all been released separately so it's more than likely that you will have them already.
jasha

Postby Vmurp on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:37 pm

jasha wrote:click add/remove programs/features, then click 'view installed updates', it's under Microsoft Windows and will be called Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB948465)

Ah, thanks, I found it. I didn't know to click 'view installed updates', lol.

Ok, so now all I have to do is uninstall it, but before I do...wasn't the SP2 a security thing? I read that it fixed some exploits in windows (or in some internet browsers or something?). Aside from the obvious driver issue, it something I'd really want to remove? I mean, it's frustrating not to be able to connect the Dingoo to my computer, but it's definitely something I can live with. My computer is far more important to me than the Dingoo is.

My Dingoo already has all the games on it that I need and all the files are already backed up on my computer (I did that before it stopped connecting). And for backing up my game saves, thanks to the Dingoo's little file browser, I can just copy and paste the save files onto the memory card and transfer them to my computer that way. So I really it's not crucial that I be able to connect it. It's more for convenience than anything else.

So bottom line...I would really like to be able to connect my Dingoo again, but not at the expense of my computer's health. What do you think?
Vmurp

Postby jasha on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Up to you. Like I said, the security fixes are cumulative, so if you have all the previous updates then you're pretty much fine. If you're worried about security exploits, then dont use Internet Explorer as that is the single biggest hole in windows.

Or, you could leave SP2 on and dual boot with a linux flavour.
jasha

Postby Vmurp on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:33 am

jasha wrote:Up to you. Like I said, the security fixes are cumulative, so if you have all the previous updates then you're pretty much fine. If you're worried about security exploits, then dont use Internet Explorer as that is the single biggest hole in windows.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to think it over. Yeah I won't use IE for that very reason. I use Firefox :ugeek:

Or, you could leave SP2 on and dual boot with a linux flavour.

Wouldn't I have to connect the Dingoo to the computer in order to install the duel boot?
Vmurp

Postby jasha on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Sorry, I meant install a variety of Linux on your machine alongside Vista - its extremely easy to do, then you have the best of both worlds. I have Vista and Ubuntu running on my main laptop
jasha

Postby jordanvachon on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:12 am

ok so i tried with vmware and windows xp on it , still nothing , then i installed linux; unbuntu , and i still cant acces my dingoo on it BUT i can see the minisd card insidemy dingoo o.0 any idea why?
jordanvachon

PreviousNext

Return to A320 hardware