Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Half-Life / Quake Mod on Dmenu 0.3 (Working 28-09-09)

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Half-Life / Quakux Mod on Dmenu 0.3 (Need Help)

Postby eule on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:16 pm

The entry has to go into a config in the themes folder if you use dmenu 0.3 iirc (i use dmenu 0.2 because of that ^^).
The mod is definately very impressing, but you can´t play through the whole game i think. I can´t use buttons, professor´s can´t too i believe. So i use NoClipping very often, but now i´m stuck in a test chamber (bad inglish :P) and the professors can´t start the test. :|
Someone knows a way to load a specific map? Or some savegames, guess i can´t use HalfLife savegames. ^^
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby TVSMASHER on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:37 am

You can't use buttons? Did you try the config file?
http://www.u-ac.net/hl-dingux/database/ ... gooCFG.rar

I want to install this mod if its good. Please tell me if the config file fixes the problem!
TVSMASHER

Postby eule on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:23 am

Well, the only button i forgot to try was select:
http://www.u-ac.net/hl-dingux/index.php?id=4
:lol:
I actually didn´t play any further, but yesterday i ran into the u-ac.net link. But start is use and select is menu. ^^ Definately try this mod, it´s a pleasure to see this running on the Dingoo and with the use buttons i had no problems so far, but i didn´t play far yet. In some places preformance is really bad though especially the first elevator, 1-2 fps oO.
I noticed how it said heap size 10.0 MB, could i try more? how much memory of the Dingoo is free normally? And does someone know if there´s room for optimations in quakux?

Lol, i´m just playing this while writing and had a bug: i pressed a button to open the door (a professor stood infront of it but was unable to press it) and fell through the floor. Guess i´ll see some more. Like the mysterious blue bar showing somewhere.
eule

Postby TVSMASHER on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:51 am

This is sounding like I need installation of the mod!

What version is of the Dmenu you are using? Will it work on Dmenu 0.3?
TVSMASHER

Postby eule on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:47 pm

I still use 0.2. ^^ Don´t know if it works with 0.3, but there shouldn´t be a problem with commandline options in dmenu in theory, as those work with other programs, right?
eule

Postby zear on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:15 pm

dmenu 0.3 doesn't support commandline parameters anymore, but I run HL mod via a sh script and it works fine
zear

Postby MeneerJansen on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:22 pm

Took me forever to find out how to start Half Life. First of all: indeed, Dmenu 0.3 does not support command line options like "-game valve". So first of all (after following the instructions in the top post) create a (text) file in /local/ports/Quakux/ called "halflife". Simply write in this text file (a shell script actually):
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
./Quakux -game valve

Then edit the file /local/dmenu/themes/Base/menu_ports.cfg and change the line: Executable = "./Quakux -game valve" into: Executable = "./hallife" so that it reads:
Code: Select all
MenuItem Half-Life
{
Icon = "res/ports/halflife.png"
Name = "Half-Life"
Executable = "./halflife"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/Quakux"
}

And now here's the Hat Trick: place the file "pak1.pak" in the same folder as the shareware pak0.pak, i.e.: /usr/local/ports/Quakux/id1/. Now what's that pak1.pak file I hear you thinking... It's the non-shareware Quake levels which Half Life seems to need for it to actually run for some reason. Thats why I can't give you an url where to download it from: you'll have to pay for Quake to obtain it legally. ;)

P.S. Save a game with: Select > New game > Save game.
MeneerJansen

Postby nine10 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:02 pm

thanks MeneerJansen,

here still dont work :(

are you using dmenu 0.3?

---

maybe my pak1.pak its corrupted or something

my pak1.pak size = 32,6 MB

---

"(after following the instructions in the top post)" can you please quote the complete instructions?

---

thank you for your time
nine10

Postby zear on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:14 pm

Just keep in mind guys, that you require a text editor that respects the unix endline characters, if you want to write the shell scripts.
Maybe that's the problem it doesn't work for you?
It works fine for me.
zear

Postby MeneerJansen on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Dear Nine10,

I'm a bit confused here... The top post I mentioned is your first post in this topic. So I thought that you got it working all right. I followed those instructions and downloaded the Half Life mod from your link.... The pak1.pak that I use is 32.7MB too. So I'll guess we're using the same pak1.pak.

In Dingux there is a "terminal". After Half Life crashes, watch the messages on that terminal (you may need a magnifying glass ;)). When it didn't work for me I noticed that the terminal complained about not finding pak1.pak. Wait: all of a sudden I see Zear reply above. Indeed: that might be a problem for some of us. I use Linux to connect to my Dingoo, so all my text files use the Unix endline characters I guess.

I installed Dingux via this post in this forum with Toddlers image, version 0.28. And I use Dmenu 0.3.

Good luck :)

P.S. Added my Half Life shell script and my /local/dmenu/themes/Base/menu_ports.cfg file.
Attachments
files.zip
Zipped files
(756 Bytes) Downloaded 23 times
MeneerJansen

PreviousNext

Return to Homebrew