Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

GLFrontier on Dingux, is there any interest in it?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: GLFrontier on Dingux, is there any interest in it?

Postby maxpelle on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:18 am

I see, but nothing is impossible...
Someone managed to reverse-engineer other spectrum games, maybe it's possible for The Sentinel as well.

The almost-3d engine could be taken from the freeware clone "the Sentry" (maybe), but the unique algorithm that generates the 10000 levels has to be the original I suppose.

The pc version runs fine an very old machines such as 486 66mhz, so the easiest way to see this game on our Dingoos is the Dosbox way.
maxpelle

Postby zear on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:28 am

Keep in mind, that x86 port of dosbox uses dynrec core (written in x86 asm). GP2X port also uses one written in arm asm. Unfortunately nobody has written a core in mips asm yet, so dingoo dosbox port would have to run a simple core, and I doubt any game would run in a playable speed.
zear

Postby batman52 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:18 am

Anyway,
with the latest toolchain dosbox compiles out-of-the-box... unfortunately when lauched it crashes immediately. I supose it is because of the video settings, but I still had no time to investigate. I am quite confident that for a good programmer ( not me ;-) ) should be pretty straightforward to get it work.
batman52

Previous

Return to Homebrew