Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Get Some rules around here.

For remarks, suggestions and issues about/with the forum

Moderator: Moderators

Get Some rules around here.

Postby joyrider on Sat May 09, 2009 7:50 am

i think this forum needs some rules, like for example no posting of roms or rom sites. since it's not legal and if you want this forum to keep existing you should do this. If someone finds out your done with your forum. If people want to find the roms they will find them not using this forum. It's a general rule which gets applied to most forums like this.
joyrider

Re: Get Some rules around here.

Postby welshmouse on Sat May 09, 2009 9:14 am

joyrider wrote:i think this forum needs some rules, like for example no posting of roms or rom sites. since it's not legal and if you want this forum to keep existing you should do this. If someone finds out your done with your forum. If people want to find the roms they will find them not using this forum. It's a general rule which gets applied to most forums like this.

i agree that we need some rules set. but i dont tihnk no posting links to rom sites should be one. downloadnig a rom is NOT illegal. even if you dont own the original game, you are allowed to play a rom for 24 hours before it must be deleted from your system, but if you own the original game you are allowed to keep it as long as you like.
welshmouse

Postby joyrider on Sat May 09, 2009 10:05 am

the 24h thing is a myth made up by romsites it's not true, just ask the license holders of the games or your laywer
joyrider

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Sat May 09, 2009 11:13 am

That makes sence. How could people keep track of when you downloaded, how long you've had it for? Thanks for clearing it up. Yeah, I thought I saw some rules around, but anyways :P
Wiredbomb0

Postby Bingo83 on Sat May 09, 2009 11:50 am

I dont think there is a problem so long as the files are not hosted on the site. Does Google get into trouble for providing you with links to Roms or other illegal content? I am sure everyone here is well aware of the legality of owning roms, if your not the licence holder and dont physically own the rights to it, download it at your own risk.

I honestly dont think the site is big enough for a full list of do's and dont's. There are Mods active on the forums everyday and any questionable content has been dealt with in an adult way by PMing the poster, discussing why we think its questionable before deleting or modifying the post to reflect what we deem acceptable.

We are all adults and I would hope everyone would act as such on the forums.
Bingo83

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Sat May 09, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm glad to hear that the mods handle things professionaly :P
Wiredbomb0

Postby Dan on Sat May 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Bingo83 wrote:I dont think there is a problem so long as the files are not hosted on the site. Does Google get into trouble for providing you with links to Roms or other illegal content? .

No, but The Pirate Bay certainly did.
Dan

Postby Bingo83 on Sat May 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Dan wrote:
Bingo83 wrote:I dont think there is a problem so long as the files are not hosted on the site. Does Google get into trouble for providing you with links to Roms or other illegal content? .

No, but The Pirate Bay certainly did.

They where actually hosting torrent files on their server, not just linking to content.
Bingo83

Postby noproblem on Sat May 09, 2009 7:26 pm

booo, rules are for kids, lets all just police ourselves
noproblem

Postby ZyonDurex on Mon May 11, 2009 6:23 am

We all help each other.
Links are fine.
If it were saying, here take this rom at this link and play with for as long as you like. that is different
Besides if by now people don't know how to google and find stuff, well, I say still lets all give a little love.

Take care all,
Much Love.

ZyonDurex,
Planet Durex
Zyon City
or was that the other way around....
ZyonDurex

Next

Return to Forum suggestions