Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fat32 SD Image (local-0.31 - Updated 14.10.2009 10:37 am

Linux on Dingoo Installation, releases, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fat32 SD Image (local-0.30a) - Updated 02.10.2009 01:00 am

Postby pokiworms on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:50 am

Excuse my language...

What the fuck does "this will be copied" mean?

Do i got to download the shareware pack seperately?

Or do i just download, extract, and play games?
pokiworms

Postby codiak on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:59 pm

I means, that you have to provide the nessesary files.
codiak

Postby Link on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:27 pm

pokiworms wrote:Excuse my language...

Dude,

Deep breath, relax.

A great many users of this forum are ESTFL, thats English Second, Third, Fourth, Language.

Your tone is disturbing, why so rude? There's no excuse, its your 7th post here, I'll give you that.

Trial & Error will answer your question, try a forum search, & just be nice.

Its a fucking video game for Christ sake.

Link
Link

Postby cas398 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:29 pm

I'd just like to say thanks and please keep up the good work. Without you people where would we be with this system? Nowhere!
My Gaming Setup & Website.
PSN/Live = CASgamer398
cas398

Postby pokiworms on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:22 am

Link wrote:
pokiworms wrote:Excuse my language...

Dude,

Deep breath, relax.

A great many users of this forum are ESTFL, thats English Second, Third, Fourth, Language.

Your tone is disturbing, why so rude? There's no excuse, its your 7th post here, I'll give you that.

Trial & Error will answer your question, try a forum search, & just be nice.

Its a fucking video game for Christ sake.

Link

I'm sorry... but you kinda made yourslelf seem hypocritical... (Not trying to flame...)

If you "linuxphobic" and everytime you try to extract the local.zip your comp crashes or is sent to your mem. stick at .6 kb/sec, you'd understand how frustrating this is to me. Sry if Isounded lkike a dick though, but I already said excuse me for that... Anyways, I just got the small local.zip from another thread. Now my question is...can i just delete the EMUS without editing scripts or something?
pokiworms

Postby Link on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:28 am

Totally hyprocritical, sorry. Just trying to stick up for the ever present gaps of language & technology.

By deleting EMUS, what emulators are you looking to delete? Ones you won't be using? Lost me here, and as far as a local, is Dmenu running or are you doing this from scratch?

No worries not flaming

Link
Link

Postby pokiworms on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Well... I'm 15... I live in America so the first game system i ever had was the N64 (I loved it!).

I don't really like much games earlier than SNES but I don't really want SNES 9TYL on Dingux either... (Got ma 5.03 MHU Psp 2000v3 for that! xD)

So I'm kinda satisfied with the EMUs on the regular firmware already. Like CPS1-2, GBA, GB, and SNES.

Do I actually need to know anycode to take them out?

FYI. I'm using the local.zip from the Dingux Quick Start Pack 0.4 version

Btw... I'm on Vista but does that effect my computer's sh*tty performance of transfering the linux files in Dingux?

Should I extract the mips with 7-zip rather than Alzip?

Also... some of the files have the same name in the local.zip from Toddler and system files that BooBoo provides.

In other words, I gotta delete some small files everytime I transfer... I think that's why I can't run some ports ike Wolfenstein3D.

~ ThX!

PS. Can Dingux get to the point where it runs without any of the little code and command lines coming out?

I sure wish I could code things other than Basic Spammer... =(

I'm pretty knowledgable with Psps though... If anyone needs some help. (Not coding things...) xD
pokiworms

Postby pokiworms on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Also... the frontend boots up and all. But some of the games crash. Like 5 of them?
pokiworms

Postby zear on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 am

pokiworms wrote:FYI. I'm using the local.zip from the Dingux Quick Start Pack 0.4 version

That's quite out-of-date, you should use toddler's local 0.39a instead.
pokiworms wrote:Btw... I'm on Vista but does that effect my computer's sh*tty performance of transfering the linux files in Dingux?

Probably, but the real reason is that a transfer via usb to a memory card is that slow.

pokiworms wrote:In other words, I gotta delete some small files everytime I transfer... I think that's why I can't run some ports ike Wolfenstein3D.

Use a file manager that allows to update a dir with new files instead of replacing it.
On Windows that's Total Commander, on Linux.. well, pretty much everything :)
pokiworms wrote:PS. Can Dingux get to the point where it runs without any of the little code and command lines coming out?

Yep, it's as simple as adding > /dev/null to each command. But I don't see a point in it. That command line output is quite important for bug tracking and stuff. You clearly don't remember DOS times ;)
pokiworms wrote:Also... the frontend boots up and all. But some of the games crash. Like 5 of them?

That's because some games require additional datafiles, that you have to provide yourself because of copyright reasons.
It could be also because you use an old local image.
zear

Postby pokiworms on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks a lot, Zear.

I don't remember DOS because i was 1 year old at the time it was out... I'm only 15.

I'll try out the Total Commander thing though. My memory card transfers other things excellently though with files such as .avi and .mpeg4 movies...

BTW. I don't use toddler's .30a local.zip because it's a little too big and has a bunch of games that I know nothing about and sorta don't like... And I also need a couple gigs of space fr my movies. Doomgoo and some other games are just too big...

Boy. I wish someone just made a Windows .exe that allowed you to pick exaclty what games & ports you wanted and just made the local.zip for you... (HINT HINT!!!)

HINTHINTHINT!!! HELP THE NOOB... xD
pokiworms

PreviousNext

Return to Dingux