Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fallout theme!

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fallout theme!

Postby Bob on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 am

Nah, as long as you erase everything away from the image and paste it over a transparent layer (Done in a photo manipulation program, like GIMP) it should fix the problem. What may have happened is that the image looked ok on the iPhone from wherever he got it, but the imperfections showed up on the background he chose.

If you were using GIMP, here's what you do.

1) Open new image that has the same dimensions as the image you're fixing

2) Click the [File] tab on the new image that is named "untitled"

3) Select [Open as Layers] and browse til you find the image you're fixing

4) Click on your [Layers, Channels, Paths, Undo] window

5) Highlight "Background" (should be in bold)

6) Go back to "untitled" image and click [Layers]

7) Choose [Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel]

8) Press [Delete] on the key board and you've got your transparent layer

9) Highlight your Fallout icon image in the [Layers, Channels, Paths, Undo] window

10) Choose the eraser icon and correct size in the GIMP window.

11) Zoom in on subject and erase everything BUT the Fallout image (the black stuff that shows up around the image)

12) Save and you're done!

That should fix it. If it doesn't let me know, and we'll figure out where to go from there. :)
Bob

Postby Eeckgoar on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 am

Font changing tutorial - fixed the broken link.
Eeckgoar

Postby trash on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 am

@bob
I'm sorry to correct you but it is definitly a problem with the dingoo. If you won't believe me then try it for yourself. Make an empty image and use the attached background (maybe your current background won't show the problem, and thats why you won't believe me) and you should see that there is a damn blending issue.
Attachments
wallp.png
wallp.png (22.36 KiB) Viewed 124 times
trash

Postby Bob on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Wow, that is strange . . . but you're absolutely right. I want to know why though . . .

You see the gradient used on this wallpaper (the gradual change from color to another across the wallpaper)? Maybe somewhere in the middle there's a color that the dingoo doesn't recognize as a color. I'm guessing there maybe several different shades of that color within this picture, but only so many pixels to display on the dingoo . . . so it chooses the best color it can and goes with that, probably leaving out several colors from the original, causing it to blend badly . . . I don't know.

What's even more strange is that it caused the "transparencies" of my icons to show even when they weren't directly over the wallpaper.

Example: I made the circle that allows you to change the start time of your media into my own custom image. (In the movies, recording, music, etc.) It exists over ANOTHER image (the actual playhead that came with the dingoo) and it STILL looks exactly the same as the images that are pasted right over the wallpaper.

I tried SEVERAL wallpapers when I was creating my theme and not once did I come across this problem. That's part of the reason why I didn't believe you, but, now I do. :)
Bob

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks