Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dpad quality

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Dpad quality

Postby jurassicjim on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi, new to the forum, and ordered a dingoo, jst waiting for delivery.

Been hearing mixed reviews about the quality of the dpad for the machine. Can people please post thier experiences so far? I suppose the best test is Street Fighter, how is pulling off the moves? Also, how are the buttons in general, not really heard to much about the quality. The shoulder buttons look particulary small.

Anyway, excited to be getting it and just want to gather as much info to keep me occupied during the wait.

j
jurassicjim

Re: Dpad quality

Postby JeKel on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:21 am

jurassicjim,
Welcome to the forum! I think despite some minor issues, you will enjoy your Dingoo as the rest of us are nonetheless. The D-Pad is honestly not the Dingoo's strong suit IMO. It's not terrible, don't get me wrong. It's fine for most all games on NES, GBA, SNES, etc. However, being a Street Fighter fan myself, I will admit that special moves are difficult to pull off with any kind of consistency. The problem (again IMO) is that the buttons don't spring back fast enough. I have looked into hacking in (manually adding) an ouboard controller but it wuld have affected the sleek nature of the Dingoo as a portable so opted not to. All in all the Dingoo is well worth the money, but it's certainly not 100% perfect.
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby jurassicjim on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks Jekel, good to know what to expect.

I guess that for 99% of the games I will play it will be fine, so not too concerned.

j
jurassicjim

Postby Bingo83 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:42 pm

I have no problems with the D-Pad but I dont play many fighters on the Dingoo, mainly shooters. It is fine for 99% of games that I have played. The four front buttons are good if a little spongey on the A button (all emus can recofigure keys to avoid this button if its a prob on your machine). Shoulder buttons are a bit small and recessed too much for my liking but they work fine on any SNES or GBA game that I have tried using them on.
Bingo83

Postby arcadekidflo on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 pm

I agree with JeKel . D-Pad is bad for fighting games , It's not hard enough
arcadekidflo

Postby ionmyke on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 am

The main problem with the dpad is the fact that it doesn't stick out far enough from the unit.. its really close which makes the diagonal parts of a fireball type motion very hard to hit sometimes.. your thumb hits against the casing. It's a shame, there is a large amount of quality fighters for the machine. I actually cut out a thing piece of foam rubber in the shape of the dpad and stuck it on to test it, raising it about 1.5 millimeters and it worked. I'm trying to come up with something more acceptable.
ionmyke

Postby nardich on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 am

The D-Pad was my main worry before buying the Dingoo...
It's in fact quite soft, a bit too much. But you can play Fighting Games, as it didn't take me too much practice to get able to rock the big moves in Garou MOTW. Quite enjoyable, and one of the most technical fighting game (if not the most... At least my favourite, from far). Hey, still not as good as the old school stick on the MVS slot, anyway !

Oh, and check there, scroll...
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Dingoo-scene
Seems like the PSP enhancer caps fit. To try...
nardich

Postby arcadekidflo on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:53 pm

The main problem with the dpad is the fact that it doesn't stick out far enough from the unit..

You noticed there's a transparent case covering the screen and buttons . I wonder if that can be taken down ..and what's underneath . The D-pad would be taller then and better
arcadekidflo

Postby ionmyke on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Yeah, I was toying with the idea of sanding down the plastic area surrounding the dpad, giving it more room... i'm pretty sure I wouldnt be able to bring myself to do it. Those psp enhancer caps might be worth a try.
ionmyke

Postby arcadekidflo on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:23 am

The PSP fat , the 1000 model also had a problem with the D-pad in fighting games . I had one and it was horrible in Street Fighter for example..
Some guys found a way to harden it by glueing something underneath , thus making it much more solid . Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USr-L7f8wBM . Maybe we can do this for Dingoo !
arcadekidflo

Next

Return to A320 hardware