Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dpad quality

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dpad quality

Postby noodle on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:01 pm

ionmyke wrote:Yeah, I was toying with the idea of sanding down the plastic area surrounding the dpad, giving it more room... i'm pretty sure I wouldnt be able to bring myself to do it. Those psp enhancer caps might be worth a try.

Id be careful with the caps - if (as I believe) they extend the distance from the pivot/fulcrum of the pad, you will be putting unneccessary and unforseen pressures on the mechanism - its much more likely to fail (by an order of magnitude) the more you heighten the dpad. Id sooner have a not so great pad than a broken one.

Lets be honest, unless you create a portable arcade stick with a built in screen youre never going to recreate SF2. Hmmmm...theres a thought..... remember the DC arcade stick with the VMU hole? Bit of sanding and filing....
noodle

Postby Bingo83 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 pm

I seen a DC stick with a 10 inch monitor fitted and a Jamma connectiion to play original arcade boards for sale on Yahoo Auction in Japan earlier in the year. It was a great mod you could even tate the screen very easily.
Bingo83

Postby ionmyke on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 pm

noodle wrote:
ionmyke wrote:Yeah, I was toying with the idea of sanding down the plastic area surrounding the dpad, giving it more room... i'm pretty sure I wouldnt be able to bring myself to do it. Those psp enhancer caps might be worth a try.

Id be careful with the caps - if (as I believe) they extend the distance from the pivot/fulcrum of the pad, you will be putting unneccessary and unforseen pressures on the mechanism - its much more likely to fail (by an order of magnitude) the more you heighten the dpad. Id sooner have a not so great pad than a broken one.

Lets be honest, unless you create a portable arcade stick with a built in screen youre never going to recreate SF2. Hmmmm...theres a thought..... remember the DC arcade stick with the VMU hole? Bit of sanding and filing....

That is a good point... I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps i'll just stick to playing fighters on mame. Thanks for the insight!
ionmyke

Postby ThaCoBRA on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:10 pm

I Just tried adding a piece of plastic cut into a "+" underneath the d-pad and it actually made it worse...

so that's not an option... I'm thinking of putting a drop of silicone glue in each of the holes in the bottom of the d-pad to form a small rounded bead so it will contact the rubber contact pad better.
ImageImage
ThaCoBRA

Postby arcadekidflo on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Just tried adding a piece of plastic cut into a "+" underneath the d-pad and it actually made it worse...

Did you also glue it there and what kind of plastic did you use ? This guide for PSP recommends " 1 NES Sleeve or 1" x 1" of Thin Plastic, Cardboard or Similar Material approx. 0.5mm in Thickness " http://www.ufighterx.com/guides/videoga ... padfix.htm

Maybe we can replace the 2 pieces entirely with DS or PSP ones. I bought the Dingoo from DX , do i have a warranty or i can crack it open with no regret ?
arcadekidflo

Postby ThaCoBRA on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:01 pm

I used a plastic card about half the thickness of credit card and one as thick as a credit card. I also made a fat plus and a thin plus cutout for each.

well, for one, it wouldn't matter... the contact pad does not fit into the holes inside of the d-pad like it does on most controllers. The d-pad just sits on top of the contact pad. The purpose of this mod is to raise the d-pad higher off the contact pad to make it more sensitive and so less force has to be used to press it.

Any way I tried it, it caused pressing left or right to also make diagonals. (tested in several games) It made it way harder to do any specials in Street Fighter II.
ImageImage
ThaCoBRA

Postby nardich on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey guys, what are you complaining about ? The d-pad is quite okay, I think. Far better than the PSP one for fighting games.

(Ha, if only they had some SNK engineer to guess a wonderful stick like the NeoGeo Pocket one...)
nardich

Postby arcadekidflo on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:44 am

Will these fit on the Dingoo ? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1466 Also, will they improve anything ?
I have a white one , the dpad got used but i don't want to stick anything on top .
arcadekidflo

Postby tj1 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:15 am

The L and R buttons also suck if you need to press them rapidly many times or if you have to press one them plus other buttons.
They're harder too prees, small and recessed too much, they would've been OK if they were like the A B X Y buttons.
tj1

Postby losa on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:34 am

The d-pad is a massive improvement, although it's not 100% perfect. It's basically an exact copy of the DS lite pad but it lies a little lower in the casing, which sometimes makes diagonals hard. Still, if you're not playing fighting games then it's great.

I shall not spam!!!/dingoo-a320-d ... -1629.html
losa

Previous

Return to A320 hardware