Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

DOOMgoo for Dingux 1.1 Update!

Only for posting new Dingux software releases.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DOOMgoo for Dingux!

Postby 1@qbQD4T5Z0949 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:02 pm

CirothUngol wrote:Incidently, I still plan on trying to clean this up (can you say "Selection = yes"), but Real Life has been getting in the way. ^_^
Heretic SotSR & H!Zone - Coming Soon.

"Selection = yes" in dmenu.cfg can select only one file, I think.
If you want to select IWAD ( doom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, tnt.wad ),
you can write dmenu.cfg like this.

MenuItem Dooms
{
Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/ultimatedoom.png"
Name = "The DOOM iwad Selectable"
Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -iwad"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/prboom"
Selector = yes
}

If the PWAD needs doom2.wad for IWAD, you can also write dmenu.cfg like this.

MenuItem Doom2_pwads
{
Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/ultimatedoom.png"
Name = "The DOOM2 Pwad Selectable"
Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -iwad doom2.wad -file"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/prboom"
Selector = yes
}

If you want play PWAD which needs two or more wad-files and/or deh-files, you must write MenuItems for each PWAD in dmenu.cfg because of "Selector = yes" can select only 1 file.
1@qbQD4T5Z0949

Postby CirothUngol on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Wow, thanx a million for the info page and the pointers! Yea, the lack of selectability is a real damper, but I'm working around it as best I can. It still gives dmenu much more flexibility than I previously thought... quite the nice little piece of homebrew that. I'll try to use it to our best advantage. ^_^
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby MmmRevolution on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 pm

hello my mode Counter Strike whith 12maps is availabe here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?clkjycjncdn

i have not for the moment Dingoo but i have a question:
Doom can supportly a file legacy.dat ? this file can contain texture...

If Dingoo support legacy.dat i have a other mode CS with 14maps and ameliorations

sorry for my bad english, i'm french :D
MmmRevolution

Postby CirothUngol on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:04 am

PRBoom supports the loading of new tiles, flats, textures, etc as WAD files, and legacy.dat is just a different WAD file, no? PRBoom seems very versatile, so I'll assume that it can. However, DOOMgoo is on hold for the moment while I finish-up the Heretic SotSR/H!Zone package and figure out how to manipulate the new DMenu 0.3. Thanx for the info, do you have a link to the other Counter Strike Mod? Sounds cool, I'll go check it out just as soon as I get the chance. Appreciate!

PS - Your English is fine, FrancMan! ^_^
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby MmmRevolution on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 pm

ok, predecly i have posted version 1.2 of my mode CS

here version 1.3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9F5SN6HO
this is the version for Gizmondo!

for test on Dingoo:
-extrat file doom2.wad and file legacy.dat (in file Counter Strike)
-rename doom2.wad in cstrike.wad
-place cstrike.wad and legacy.dat in file doom219 (local\ports\doomgoo\doom219)
-change file .cfg ? (line 5)
before:
1. MenuItem Doom2CS
2. {
3. Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/cstrike.png"
4. Name = "Doom II - Counter-Strike"
5. Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -deh cstrike.deh -file cstrike.wad"
6. WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/doomgoo/doom219"
7. }

after:
1. MenuItem Doom2CS
2. {
3. Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/cstrike.png"
4. Name = "Doom II - Counter-Strike"
5. Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -deh cstrike.deh -file cstrike.wad -file legacy.dat"
6. WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/doomgoo/doom219"
7. }

can you test and say my the result of test?

thanks
MmmRevolution

Re: DOOMgoo for Dingux \ TC - Goldeneye 64

Postby ace9094 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey everyone, been playing TC - GoldenEye 64 and I am stuck on the train level.

I have another version which is an incomplete beta version, which works but the weapons and some parts are not complete and there is only 2 levels after the train then it reverts back to regular DoomII. The beta version, the level with the train all doors just open and have no locks.

This version pre bundled within DOOMGO a more complete (awesome pack) version gets to the train level fine, but the door is locked to the next carrage.

You collect the laser watch but when you use it it does nothing and the door to the train remains locked preventing access to the next carrage.

Any Idea's anyone????

Thanks for any assistance, please reply or PM me.
ace9094

Postby CirothUngol on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:53 am

Hey ace9094... please do not double post in these forums. The moderators consider this spamming, and they might wind up blocking you as a SpamBot. Please see your post in the Linux on Dingoo forum for my (mostly unhelpful) answer.

@MmmRevolution:
Thanx for the links to your new version 1.3 of Counter Strike TC! I'll try loading it tonight or tomorrow and post back my findings. It's great to see people still producing new content for such an old game... testament to the Genius of those cats at Id Software!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby Shaokahn on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Hello

@CirothUngol
hi, i dont have found more Doom TCs yet :( but i have found the original ".deh" file for the great Doom2 TC "Hacx" for your DOOMgoo Mega Wad Pack :) .
I have upload the "hacx.deh" and "hacx.wad" in a zip file and tested it with dmenu 0.2a
(dont have v0.3 on my Dingoo at the moment,but i will to plan it^^)
Download Link -> " Hacx_Doom2TC_complete_Version.zip "

with this .deh file you can play the game Hacx correctly.
I have test it and it changes the gamplay for this TC, when you start a new game your pistol shoots faster than from the doom ones, and you can shoot the Windows of the Buildings and shoot the lamps that be stationary on the ground ;)

@MmmRevolution
I have test your CS Mod v1.2 and 1.3 and it works :) but with the "legacy.dat" it seem to doesn't
working :( i like your CS TC better than my ones that i have found on the Internet ,because there are better levels to play like: de_dust, de_dust2 and more original CS Maps , but there is a bug in cs_italy (i think it was lvl 4), when you push the exit button in cs_italy the game chrash and exit to dmenu. i have take a look at the Terminal log and there is a error message: "P_SetupLevel: missing player 1 Start". it would be nice to play all the 12 Maps without the crash ^^ but i think your CS Mod makes more fun to play about the nice Levels from CS 8-)

by the way, I use the command "-nomusic" for my config^^ because the CS TC's runs a little bit slow and the Music stutters, (turn the Music quiet ingame to turn it off that the game can run faster doesn't work for me) so i can play all the other Doom Games and TC's with Music (if you have TIMIDITY copied to SD Card).

my dmenu entry to play without music:
Code: Select all
MenuItem Doom2CS
{
Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/cstrike.png"
Name = "Doom II - Counter-Strike"
Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -nomusic -deh cstrike.deh -file cstrike.wad"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/doomgoo/doom219"
}

bye . Shao ;)
Shaokahn

Postby CirothUngol on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Man, thanks for the HacX DeHacked file! I ripped the WAD for HacX directly from the game itself, so it didn't come with a .deh file, and I didn't find one when I looked around on the internet. Thanks also for testing the Counter Strike TC (I left my SD Card at work last night... *sigh*)
I've been using the -nomusic option myself to increase gameplay speed and stop the music from stuttering... I still need to go through ALL of the DOOM versions and figure out which ones will play without the sound stuttering so I can use it only on those that need it (any help here?). I also want to see if there is a faster, simpler, smaller set timidity sounds that might run faster on the Dingoo, but I know very little about that (again, any help?).
I'm not using DMenu 0.3 yet either as some people are having problems with DOOMgoo while using it. I'm gonna check it out soon and see if I can address any issues with getting it to work smoothly with the Selector option... but I haven't even loaded it yet. Thanx for the heads-up on the HacX DeHacked file. Appreciate!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Re: DOOMgoo for Dingux 1.1 Update!

Postby CirothUngol on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:56 am

Heads up... Be sure and check out the DOOMgoo 1.1 Update available on page 1 of this thread!
Includes 8 new Total Conversions and now works with DMenu 0.3, Huzzah!

@Shaokahn: I'm using the Counter Strike 1.3 WAD in the update and it seems to work fine with the legacy.dat file... just don't use 2 "-file" commands as in the example from MmmRevolution.
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

PreviousNext

Return to Dingux Releases