Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

DOOMgoo for Dingux 1.1 Update!

Only for posting new Dingux software releases.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DOOMgoo for Dingux!

Postby CirothUngol on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 am

Yea, the archive is split so I could upload it to MediaFire (who doesn't allow more than 100MB per file). You just have to download all three and then right-click and unarchive with 7zip (free software, you can download binaries for Windows and Linux RIGHT HERE).

@Donkeymaster (love the alias ^_^)
Yes, they do indeed all work... but the larger and newer WADs will slow down the Dingoo for a few seconds when you enter a new area or run into a whole buncha critters. After experimenting a little I tend to believe it may be a Data Bottleneck from the SDCard and the Dingoo's RAM. I'm using a 8GB Class 6 Transcend now and it seems a little better. If it gives you problems you can decrease the screen-size, increase the clockspeed or, as a last-ditch effort, turn off the music (sad). Here's hopin' you'll love yer Dingoo as much as I do!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby oxo on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:44 am

Good upload, thanks.
All Releases ---> http://www.hb-released.com
oxo

Postby Shaokahn on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Hello there
(my English is not so good i am from Germany ^^)

At first i would say Thank you for the very nice Doom Wad pack DOOMgoo for Dingux , i love it :)

I have a little bit googled to find more Doom or Doom 2 Wads, and i have found another
one, and here it is :o :shock: :

----------" COUNTER-STRIKE (for Doom2) "----------

mainmenu screen
ingame screen
ingame screen

YouTube Video of the same Wad file on a PSP playing (Video Quality not so good) :
<<Klick here for the Video>>

Download it from here -> Counter-Strike Doom2 for DOOMgoo (!! Dingux Dmenu 0.2a !!)

The Link is Rapidshare, the Zip Pack "CS_DOOMgoo_for_Dingux.zip" is made for the great Doomgoo Menu and WADs,
unpack the zip to your SD Card, after unpacking you have to go to your "SDCard\local\dmenu\" folder and
edit the "counter-strike doomgoo for dmenu.cfg".
copy this entry from the cfg file to your "dmenu.cfg" and paste it :

MenuItem Doom2CS
{
Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/cstrike.png"
Name = "Doom II - Counter-Strike"
Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -deh cstrike.deh -file cstrike.wad"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/doomgoo/doom219"
}

for example it should seem like this more or less after you have done it ;) :

Menu DOOMgoo
{
Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/doomlogo.png"
Name = "DOOMgoo"

MenuItem Doom2CS
{
Icon = "res/ports/doomgoo/cstrike.png"
Name = "Doom II - Counter-Strike"
Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -deh cstrike.deh -file cstrike.wad"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/doomgoo/doom219"
}

If have put four Counter-Strike Icons for the DMenu in the folder: "local\dmenu\res\ports\doomgoo\"
if you would change it into another one ^^
heres a preview:

I have testet this CS Wad and its funny to play :mrgreen: it runs verry well ,
but with the TIMIDITY Music (on SDCard in "local\lib\timidity") it runs
a bit slow and the Music stutters

First Level (Map01) is "de_dust" :D and Level 9 (Map09) is "cs_assault" i think,
and the other maps i dont know :roll:

bye . Shao :P
Last edited by Shaokahn on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shaokahn

Postby CirothUngol on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Cool! Thanx for the update Shaokahn, looks really nice. I found all of the stuff for the DOOMgoo Package at www.doomworld.com and www.doomwadstation.com , too bad I didn't know about this one or I'd have included it. Anybody else have a cool DOOM wad or PC or TC that isn't already in the set? Please post any new discoveries right here so we can check 'em out!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby Shaokahn on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Ok, when i find more coole Doom Wads than i will post it here :)
Shaokahn

Postby CirothUngol on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:50 am

I've recently discovered that Dmenu has a "Selection" parameter that allows you to select the wad you'd like to load when the App first executes. Sweet! Had I known this, DOOMgoo would have been just a little sleaker and more versatile. I'm working on a Heretic/H!Zone release right now that uses it to great effect... it'll even go into the "Ports" selection on the DMenu, taking up only a few spots. After I'm finished with Heretic (which is going much faster than DOOM, due to there being a lot less material) I'm gonna revamp DOOMgoo and release a v1.1 using the "Selection" paramenter and incorporating the Counter-Strike TC, so if anyone finds anymore cool Total/Partial Conversions please post them in this thread. I wanna finish up with these (and maybe Hexen as well) because slaanesh released the new Mame4All v1.1, and I gotta check it out. ^_^ Stay Tuned!
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby siem on Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:34 pm

I've a question, there are only 8 save slots, how can you make it that every wad has its own save slots?
siem

Postby CirothUngol on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:12 am

Hmm... Good Question. I suppose the easiest way would be to make a separate directory for any additional games you'd like to save above eight (i.e. copy the PRBoom files along with necessary WADs to another differently named directory, and make an entry in the dmenu.cfg to play it). I never have more than one save going at a time.
Incidently, I still plan on trying to clean this up (can you say "Selection = yes"), but Real Life has been getting in the way. ^_^
Heretic SotSR & H!Zone - Coming Soon.
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Postby siem on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am

@Above: I already tried to make more prBoom folders, but they all save at the same home folder, so I think it's sth in the prBoom program itself?
siem

Postby 1@qbQD4T5Z0949 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:40 pm

siem wrote:I've a question, there are only 8 save slots, how can you make it that every wad has its own save slots?

http://pwet.fr/man/linux/jeux/prboom

-save savedir
Causes prboom to save games in the directory specified by savedir instead of ~/.prboom/.
1@qbQD4T5Z0949

PreviousNext

Return to Dingux Releases