Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingoo File manager or Using dingoo without PC

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Dingoo File manager or Using dingoo without PC

Postby ainu on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:04 pm

This is video. Sorry for my poor english, Im from Russia.

Link

I found way to change history of commadns in linux shell.
And I found, change and compiled norton commander-like file manager (based on vifm - file manager for vi).
I rewrite some code, for running any programs and text files with commands (shell scripts) instead running vim (in original vifm), and added copy command for Space key (X key on dingoo).
So, we can run any games, any music with madplay (for example), any shell scripts, and all from command line or using file manager, And we can copy files and directories on file manager - all with unplugged usb cable. (Left - go up directory, Right or Enter (start) - running program or open directoriy, Tab (L key) - change current file panel, Space (X key) - copy file.)
If anybody need, i share binaries here. There are two binaries on zip file: vifm - main file, and pauseme - second file, you must put it on /usr/bin directory.
Original source code shared free, modified sources I'll share later, after some changing for more userful. We have 4 unused buttons (Y, B, A and R). Select (esc) I think using for exit, R for additional menu.
P.S. This is my first rewrited (modified) and compiled program on linux :?
P.P.S. And I dont use LiveCD or Virtual Box))
update: second video, smaller: http://video.mail.ru/mail/klepid/_myvideo/1.html
Last edited by ainu on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dingoo Linux user & programmer from Russia
Sorry for my poor English
ainu

Re: Using dingoo without PC and File manager

Postby schanall on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Great. Thanks a lot for sharing. I just downloading it and will try it then :)
schanall

Re: Dingoo File manager or Using dingoo without PC

Postby emusan on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Thank you very much ainu, this will come in hand A LOT once dual boot is released. The file manager is a nice and simple gui that we can use until something else is ported.

EDIT: I cant seem to download the file, if you could upload it somewhere else that would be nice, your site seems to be down.
emusan

Postby ainu on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:20 pm

emusan wrote:Thank you very much ainu, this will come in hand A LOT once dual boot is released. The file manager is a nice and simple gui that we can use until something else is ported.

EDIT: I cant seem to download the file, if you could upload it somewhere else that would be nice, your site seems to be down.

Link fixed, sorry... later - later I share next version (with sources). I'll share release in dl.openhandhelds.org.
ainu

Postby yoannd26 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Thank's very good job Ainu :D
yoannd26

Postby yoannd26 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:25 pm

It's possible you make a README.txt for the useful because i don't see how do ?

thk's
yoannd26

Postby ainu on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 pm

yoannd26 wrote:It's possible you make a README.txt for the useful because i don't see how do ?

thk's

Later..
But for now, for using, you must:
1. copy pauseme to /usr/bin directory on dingoo
2. put vifm to Cd card, or put into dingoo file system, for example, to /home/fileman
3. go to folder, where you put vifm, anr run ./vifm
4. start to run, L to choose panel, X to copy files.

If you ask for a running programs and using history file, see my previous post: way-to-use-programs-without-minicom-or-telnet-t592.html
ainu

Postby ainu on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:22 pm

And I found another way to compile programs on Windows - installing coLinux or (better) andLinux - very good choose, for me.
http://andlinux.org/downloads.php - KDE version.
In next screenshots you may see Windows 7 with working Linux.
http://dingooa320.ru/download/imclin.png
ainu

Postby ezelkow1 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:35 pm

I used to use colinux a couple years back, it is very good but the only problem comes in updating. It may have changed since I last used it but since it has to have a hacked up kernel and processes to run correctly, when you update it you can get into problems. It was generally faster than using a virtual linux installation, but again in the end it had a whole lot more issues than a virtual install.

Keep in mind this was about 3 or more years ago, so Im assuming the project has progressed greatly since then.
ezelkow1

Postby emusan on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:52 pm

I'm having problems trying to get this to work. I downloaded the archive, and copied the contents to the Dingoo like you said(Pauseme in /usr/bin and vifm in /home/myname). The first thing I did when I booted was to remount the root file system as read/write, then I moved to the directory with vifm, I then ran ./vifm and it said Permission denied, so I changed the permissions to rwx for root, then tried to run it again, this time it said ./vifm: file not found. I think you had a similar problem with prboom in the Linux thread(I haven't read all of it yet, so I don't know if/how you fixed it), could you please post some help here, I can give you any more information if you need it(I'm using Booboo's rootfs right now).
emusan

Next

Return to Homebrew