Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingoo File manager or Using dingoo without PC

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dingoo File manager or Using dingoo without PC

Postby ainu on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:20 am

emusan wrote:I'm having problems trying to get this to work. I downloaded the archive, and copied the contents to the Dingoo like you said(Pauseme in /usr/bin and vifm in /home/myname). The first thing I did when I booted was to remount the root file system as read/write, then I moved to the directory with vifm, I then ran ./vifm and it said Permission denied, so I changed the permissions to rwx for root, then tried to run it again, this time it said ./vifm: file not found. I think you had a similar problem with prboom in the Linux thread(I haven't read all of it yet, so I don't know if/how you fixed it), could you please post some help here, I can give you any more information if you need it(I'm using Booboo's rootfs right now).

I use dingoo uclibc rootfs. And I coudnt run prboom on booboo's root fs never, because i see that error (prboom not found). So I dont fixed It, Joyrider compiled new binaries. I share modified sources later. You may do three things: 1. use other rootfs, 2. wait a little for a sources, 3. wait a little while I learn for compiling static apps.
And my question to guru: how to compile static apps (from ./configure - make - make install)?
Dingoo Linux user & programmer from Russia
Sorry for my poor English
ainu

Postby ezelkow1 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:40 am

There is usually a -static or --with-static type option in the configure script, as for the actual command you would have to build with I think you can just add -static, but its been a while so that may not be right
ezelkow1

Postby maxif875 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Great thanks!
but how can i make a file to execute various commands for example:
to run dukenukem: cd /home/duke3d ; export SDL_NOMOUSE=1 ; ./duke3d (3 commands)
or for snes9x: cd /home/snes ; ./snes9x Super.Mario.World.smc (2 commands)
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?
i know someone with a little experience in linux should know to make a file in order to execute various commands but i don't have that experience
maxif875

Postby zear on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:50 pm

maxif875 wrote:but how can i make a file to execute various commands

At first you have to switch your system into read&write mode (so we can create/modify files)
Code: Select all
mount -o remount,rw /

Then create a file, where the first line is "#!/bin/sh", and every next line is a single command, like this:
#!/bin/sh
cd /home/duke3d
export SDL_NOMOUSE=1
./duke3d

then give it execution permission:
chmod +x your_file

Now you can run this file:
./your_file
zear

Postby quadomatic on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:21 pm

zear wrote:
maxif875 wrote:but how can i make a file to execute various commands

At first you have to switch your system into read&write mode (so we can create/modify files)
mount -o remount,rw /

Then create a file, where the first line is "#!/bin/sh", and every next line is a single command, like this:
#!/bin/sh
cd /home/duke3d
export SDL_NOMOUSE=1
./duke3d

then give it execution permission:
chmod +x your_file

Now you can run this file:
./your_file

I imagine this is the sort of "executable" we'll have to use once we get a working menu system.
quadomatic

Postby zear on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 pm

quadomatic wrote:I imagine this is the sort of "executable" we'll have to use once we get a working menu system.

Only if we need to pass some extra parameters to the executable.
Otherwise we can simply launch the binary.
zear

Postby maxif875 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:42 pm

thanks quadomatic that works, it has started to be interesting, i'm pleased to see so many things being ported so fast and running smoothly :)
maxif875

Previous

Return to Homebrew