Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dingoo Data corruption / lack of internal clock

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Dingoo Data corruption / lack of internal clock

Postby bouvrie on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:20 pm

As I've taken the plunge, switching from Windows XP to Windows 7, I noticed some odd behavior. Basically every time I hook up my Dingoo to the PC, Windows 7 detects "dirty bits" on the storage devices and asks me whether I want to scan&fix.

At first, I figured this was due to the Dingux Fat32 write corruption bug. But now I realize that this pertains to both internal and external storage, and even occurs when I'm not running Dingux.

So, I did a chkdsk on both the storage volumes, and found that the savegames made by the internal emulators were the cause of the problem, as they had invalid time stamps.

Now, I wonder whether the absence of a clock in the Dingoo might be the cause of this 'dirty' situation? It's annoying, seeing I haven't been able to get rid of those pop-ups every time I saved a game state & connected the Dingoo again. ;)

(Then again, I'm not completely sure it's completely absent, as I can't really make out this information.)
bouvrie

Re: Dingoo Data corruption / lack of internal clock

Postby MeneerJansen on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:43 pm

All my save games have the same date/time. Might have to do w/ the date stamp of the firmware? Anyway, one may check Dingoo's date/time for instance w/ the GBA emu. Press "Select+Start" (i.e. Menu) and have look at the bottom of the screen. My "Dingoo date" is"
Code: Select all
Nov 12 2008 16:30:34

What's the 'Dingoo date' on your Dingoo y'all?
MeneerJansen

Postby Omega Gemo on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Yes, all saves created by the Dingoo has that exact timestamp (all of mine has it as well).
Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
Omega Gemo

Postby MeneerJansen on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 pm

Omega Gemo wrote:Yes, all saves created by the Dingoo has that exact timestamp (all of mine has it as well).

What version of the firmware do you have? I've got ver. 1.11. Maybe the timestamp is fw related. But it looks more like the "Dingoo date" is its date of birth in the laboratory where it was developed. Almost like HAL2000 in "2001 A space odyssey" who echoes the lines he learned first in the Lab from its maker. Or am I carrying on too much. Ha ha. ;)
MeneerJansen

Postby bouvrie on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Hmmm I tested some more with GBA roms/saves on both internal storage and SD card, using the built-in emulator.

Windows 7 didn't pop up the scan&fix message this time, so I continued with chkdsk. Chkdsk didn't find any problems with the internal storage, but the SD card did have the invalid timestamp again. This probably requires more testing from my end. :P

Oh, and the GBA emulator also displays Nov 12 2008 16:30:34 on my end, and I'm running this 1.03 custom overclocked firmware.
bouvrie

Postby Omega Gemo on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:55 pm

It's firmware 1.1, and the saves all read "Nov 12 2008 16:30:34".

I think timestamp is based off of firmware, not date the dingoo was made.
Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
Omega Gemo

Return to A320 hardware