Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

D-Pad, really crappy.

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

D-Pad, really crappy.

Postby Gansu on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 pm

I haven't tried a PSP one, but i think (maybe it's just my device) that Dingoo has a really crappy d-pad, the four directions are ok, right diagonals too, but when it comes to the left ones, it really fails. I've seen a video of a guy attaching a plastiglas circle on it, and i saw images of a rubber d pad being glued to it also.

Does any of that work? Why is it that 2/4 diagonals wont work like the others?
Gansu

Re: D-Pad, really crappy.

Postby eule on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 pm

I just inspected the D-Pad of my Dingoo, and i think the up and left buttons are a little spongier than the others. But i had no problems so far with that, so i wouldn´t say crappy, i´d say not perfect.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby welshmouse on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:21 pm

i actually think my dingoo has one of the best d pads ove used in a long time. its a proper cross unlike the PS controls, and it actyually moves more than 2 milimetres unlike the xbox controlls. so far ive had zero problem pulling of moves in any games.
welshmouse

Postby Gansu on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Do you know the causes for this?

I mean, when you hit the diagonal and it only makes one movement, left or up, not diagonal, is it because the rubber underneath is uneven, because something like that?
Gansu

Postby welshmouse on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:23 am

Gansu wrote:Do you know the causes for this?

I mean, when you hit the diagonal and it only makes one movement, left or up, not diagonal, is it because the rubber underneath is uneven, because something like that?

it could well be something that simple. i dont have that issue at all, so im pretty sure its not the case on all dingoo. if you're confident enough, maybe try opening it p to take a look. could be as simple as a plastic fleck under the buttons.
welshmouse

Postby ionmyke on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:06 am

Mine tends to accidentally hit right on the dpad while scrolling down through games, which starts up whatever game is selected.. Kind of annoying.
ionmyke

Postby knk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 pm

i have zero complaints about mine. But i doubt theres alot of quality control on dingoos part. Maybe you got a dud? lol
knk

Postby mr_beetty on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:47 pm

i too have difficulties with up-left and down-left diagonals. but it's not a big issue in the games i play (in fact i only noticed it recently in a metroid game when i tried shooting at a diagonal).
mr_beetty

Postby flatmush on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:58 pm

I played my PSP today, and after using the dingoo I found the controls on the PSP clumsy and unusable. It has one of the best dpads that I ever used so I have to say that if you're having a problem with it then it's either faulty or I got mine from a higher quality batch.
C99 samples without using s2dsdk | MineSweeper | AstroLander
For help with dingoo programming or just in general, join our IRC at irc://irc.freenode.net/#dingoo-a320
flatmush

Postby modis on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 pm

My d-pad works fine, including all diagonals. a little mushy but still quite good.
modis

Next

Return to A320 hardware