Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

D-Pad, really crappy.

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: D-Pad, really crappy.

Postby welshmouse on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:33 pm

flatmush wrote:I played my PSP today, and after using the dingoo I found the controls on the PSP clumsy and unusable. It has one of the best dpads that I ever used so I have to say that if you're having a problem with it then it's either faulty or I got mine from a higher quality batch.

yeah, i agree totally. th unconnected d-pad on the psp makes special moves in fighters stupidly difficult. dont have any issues with my dingoo though.

My d-pad works fine, including all diagonals. a little mushy but still quite good.

i like that its a little mushy, you get a good flowing motion going when pulling of hadoukens (instead of it feeling like a series of button presses.)
welshmouse

Postby CapnDistracto on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 am

I have one of the Black A320s, and a number of people have noted improved playability over the d-pad on the white A320s. I haven't tried a white one myself, so I can't judge. The D-Pad on mine is great, when I'm playing any of the SNK or Capcom fighting games, I have no problems pulling off my special moves as the shoto types (fireball, shoryuken), or even Zangief's half circle maneuvers.

It's HIGHLY preferable to the D-Pad on my DS Lite, which just feels like a sponge. I remember trying to play my GBA Street Fighter Alpha 3 cart on there and it was a nightmare.
CapnDistracto

Postby schanall on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:50 am

Mine is a little mushy too. But it's o.k.
schanall

Postby mr_beetty on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:05 pm

mr_beetty wrote:i too have difficulties with up-left and down-left diagonals. but it's not a big issue in the games i play (in fact i only noticed it recently in a metroid game when i tried shooting at a diagonal).

little update...i've been playing super metroid quite a bit, and the diagonal issue i was having before is really not a problem now. you have to press the pad in such a way, but it IS possible to shoot diagonally without effort after you get used to the pad.
mr_beetty

Postby quadomatic on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm not a fan of the dpad. It doesn't rotate like dpads should for fighting games...hitting diagonals is more like hitting 2 buttons together, since you have to adjust your thumb to pushing down both arrows instead of rotating your thumb to the space in between.
quadomatic

Previous

Return to A320 hardware