Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

CloneKeen (Commander Keen) port?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CloneKeen (Commander Keen) port (almost)

Postby zear on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 am

mrLogan wrote:zear, did your first port freeze the menu on quiting? if so what was the cause?

Sound being in AUDIO_U8 format, while oss in dingux supports only AUDIO_S16.
zear

Postby mrLogan on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 pm

mmm...it looks like it might not be a freeze , it looks like the keys are disabled on quiting so it only looks like its frozen.
mrLogan

Postby mrLogan on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 pm

after a bit of debugging it looks like the code freezes on exit due to an overwritten pointer, i don't know whats causing the overwrite but not freeing the memory allows the program to quit.

question..would the o/s reallocate the memory anyway on exit?

Anyway, I have it as far as playable, sound working, controls working, quits back to menu.

I am not sure if there is any interest in the game in the community, So if you want it let me know.
mrLogan

Postby bentodd2000 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:50 am

mrLogan wrote:after a bit of debugging it looks like the code freezes on exit due to an overwritten pointer, i don't know whats causing the overwrite but not freeing the memory allows the program to quit.

question..would the o/s reallocate the memory anyway on exit?

Anyway, I have it as far as playable, sound working, controls working, quits back to menu.

I am not sure if there is any interest in the game in the community, So if you want it let me know.

Well the community keeps growing every day. If you have it working I definately want it thanks. Do you have it uploaded somewhere. Thanks again
bentodd2000

Previous

Return to Homebrew