Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Basic Dingoo questions

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Basic Dingoo questions

Postby nasrudin on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:02 pm

1. Does the Dingoo run the emulators at full speed or are they laggy? Specifically mame/neogeo....

2. Is it a good idea to wait for the next dingoo? I saw pictures of some new hardware...Is there any other competitors that are worth to wait for or check out? Can the pspingoo run all the dingoo stuff? I like the screen....

3. Is the best place to get a dingoo @ dealextreme for 83 bucks? How long does it take to ship?

4. Are any necessary accesories needed for the dingoo other than a memory card?

5. For memory cards, which is recommended? I saw a 16GB SDHC for 30 bucks on newegg.com

6. Does pygame run on the dingoo?

7. If I wanted to watch movies/shows on the dingoo, is there some specific video conversion rate to have where the video wong lag when playing? I have a lot of movies/shows that are in AVI/XVID format, im wondering if I will even have to convert.....they are all 700mb'ish

8. Is there a distribution site/channel for looking up other dingoo compatible software? Say I wanted to release a game, is there a "proper" place to release it?

9. How advanced is Linux for dingoo? Is that what dingux is? I wanted to know in general how easy it would be to get linux software to run on dingoo such as pygame.

10. How popular is the dingoo community? Is it gaining? Staying the same? dying? I ask because I dont want support to dissapear, and I plan on making games where I would like to have an audience.....

11. If someone was to develop a game natively, what language tools did Dingoo release for developers to use to make apps/games? Im guessing its C......(im a pythonista) Also, how is the SDK for dingoo, does it suck? Are people using it or is there a better alternative?

12. What are the top notable new games that were made for the Dingoo?

Thanks!
nasrudin

Re: Basic Dingoo questions

Postby eule on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:01 pm

1. depends on the emulator and the gameof course. MAME is pretty good, but some games are slow (i.e. Double Dragon 1, Double Dragon 2 is fullspeed though). NeoGeo is pretty damn good, some slowdowns, but always very well playable.
2. There were pics of an a380 and an a330, the specs of a380 are unknown and probably it´s vaporware. the a330 will probably sport a cc1600 core, good for video playback, bad for linux (since there isn´t even a datasheet of this cpu, the ingenics jz4740 (dingoo cpu) is much better documented).
3. depends on where you are. dealextreme can be very slow sometimes, but also can surprise you with a 7 day shipping. I got mine from chinavision and there are many other dealers.
4. necessary? no, but you could like a case, external speakers and and and...
5. can´t recommend one, have only a very cheap 2gb sd from hama. don´t forget: buy microSD+adapter or miniSD. SD-cards are too big.
6. I heard something of a python port, haven´t seen a project that uses it though. A dev will be able to tell more :)
7. Ah, the videos. I use my Dingoo as a "DVD player", most 700mb movies will run flawlessly. Xvid always works for me, but the bitrate shouldn´t be too high. here´s a good overview (is that an english word? ^^): http://sience.schattenkind.net/dingoo/D ... 20_eng.htm
8. possibly here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/dingoo.htm
9. Dingux = Linux on a Dingoo. It´s pretty easy to install: flash dual boot on dingoo, format SD to fat32, copy dingux on it. :D
10. Dying? No way, i´d say it´s as big or bigger than the wiz community (despite some ppl have a dingoo and a wiz). But i can be terribly wrong.
11. Can´t really help. there´s a sdk for the native os by DingooDigital, and some guides how to programm apps without this sdk. And for Linux you can simply use gcc, there´s a toolchain available on booboo´s google code page.
12. There are a few 3D games like 7 days or Dellocation Warrior but meh, i couldn´t really play them, had to unbrick and they were gone.

Hope that helps. :) Took longer than i thought :lol:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby nasrudin on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:10 pm

thanks eule!
nasrudin

Postby Harteex on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm

3. Dealextreme is sometimes VERY slow (I've heard more than a month to get stuff)
Chinavasion have them: White, Black
If you're in the UK you could consider dingoo888.co.uk and if you're in the US there is also Dingoo-Digital-USA.com
Other places include Thinkgeek, Superufo...

8. Using the release forums here at the homebrew section is a good place to release.

11. There is an SDK, but it's a bit slow and bloated. To code without the SDK, see guide-how-to-compile-apps-for-dingoo-native-os-without-sdk-t814.html
Harteex

Postby MeneerJansen on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:13 pm

nasrudin wrote:9. How advanced is Linux for dingoo? Is that what dingux is? I wanted to know in general how easy it would be to get linux software to run on dingoo such as pygame.

The kernel runs, but not all GNU tools and commands (like 'mount' etc.). No full GUI like X, Gnome, XFCE or KDE. The GUI for Dingux (= Linux for Dingoo) resembles that of Dingoo's native little OS (i.e. looks a lot like PSP). No common Linux applications have been ported to Dingux as far as I now. May have something to do w/ the platform (mipsel?), may have to to w/ the fact that there is no full blown human interface (i.e. mouse or keyboard) on the Dongoo, nor can one use a computer keyb./mouse when connected to the Dingoo via USB. May have to do w/ the fact that Dingux is not advanced enough to run apps. I don't know. Bottom line: its a great MP3, Avi and retro gaming machine w/ TV out. If not 'the greatest'. ;)
MeneerJansen

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:40 am

I just thought I should put this in:

3. I bought mine off Chinavasion for around $130 with postage to Australia, got it in 4 days. Epic, yes. I 'tried' to buy a Micro SD off Dealextreme, and it's been about 6 weeks now, and it's still 'pending'
Wiredbomb0

Return to A320 hardware