Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A Possible fix for the Y/B button problem

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

A Possible fix for the Y/B button problem

Postby Bingo83 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Link

As you all know, the Dingoo has a flaw with the X and Y buttons, for some strange reason, the Y button is released when you press B. This affect my favorite SNES games, and I'm sure there are other games affected by this. I litterally could not play some of my favorite titles, so I had to come up with some way to fix this. So, with a simple DPDT switch, and a little remapping, I could play my game without having to sacrificethat same SNES feel.

As with all these hacks, you do so at your own risk, there is every chance you could damage your Dingoo.

Thanks to Palmertech on the GP32 forums for the heads up on this.
Bingo83

Re: A Possible fix for the Y/B button problem

Postby bentodd2000 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks for posting this but I won't touch the inside of mine. I just recently killed tow psxs while soldering a stealth modchip. The last thing I want to do is kill my a320.
bentodd2000

Postby strider_mt2k on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:48 am

Yeah I'll wait for a firmware fix and just remap for now.
strider_mt2k

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 am

strider_mt2k wrote:Yeah I'll wait for a firmware fix and just remap for now.

Amen to that!
Wiredbomb0

Postby JeKel on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:52 pm

I actually had already thought of this but haven't had a chance to do the mod yet. However, I never considered putting in a switch to allow te buttons to remap where the labels actually match up (didn't seem important to me). Plus, as I stated in my attempts at adding an outboard controller, I didn't want to affect the outside of the Dingoo quite so drastically. Al that being said, I will post my results here when I finally do the mod (all internally and permanently). It's actually a very simple mod, but yes the traces are VERY TINY, so it's a delicate procedure.
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby JeKel on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Done! Got to work a bit early and knocked out the modification. Like I said, no ugly switch on the case, just an internal X and Y button contact swap. Man, those traces are tiny! This was the smallest soldering job I've ever done. There was literally a magnifying glass involved, lol. But now I can hold onto that little Turtle shell (using Y button) and jump around without letting go! Yay! I've never posted a Youtube vid, but might have to figure out how so I can post up for you guys to see :)
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby Bingo83 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:03 pm

JeKel wrote:Done! Got to work a bit early and knocked out the modification. Like I said, no ugly switch on the case, just an internal X and Y button contact swap. Man, those traces are tiny! This was the smallest soldering job I've ever done. There was literally a magnifying glass involved, lol. But now I can hold onto that little Turtle shell (using Y button) and jump around without letting go! Yay! I've never posted a Youtube vid, but might have to figure out how so I can post up for you guys to see :)
-JeKel

Sounds cool, some pics of the internal mod and solder would be ideal ;)
Bingo83

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:51 am

Yeah, having a look inside would be very helpful.
Wiredbomb0

Postby JeKel on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 am

Got the video up on Youtube so you can see it working. Have to do diagram with drawings on it to show the mod as I don't want to open it up again and I don't have a good enough camera to take pix that magnified.
See Vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cr2y5shIzg
Attatched drawing sketch of mod. If anyone wants to attemp this, You'd better be really good with a tiny soldering iron and don't come crying to me if you mess up your Dingoo. This mod takes some patience, tiny tools, and a magnifying glass.
-JeKel
DINgooMOD1.jpg
DINgooMOD1.jpg (66.74 KiB) Viewed 536 times
JeKel

Postby Wiredbomb0 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:52 am

haha, thanks for sharing that picture. That will help some people.
Wiredbomb0

Return to A320 hardware