Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

2 small vids (showing snes9x-sdl and gnuboy running)

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

2 small vids (showing snes9x-sdl and gnuboy running)

Postby joyrider on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:35 am

joyrider

Re: 2 small vids (showing snes9x-sdl and gnuboy running)

Postby ingood on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:43 am

Nice! Couldn't help but notice in Super Mario World you pressed Y/B together and it actually worked properly! Very promising. :)
ingood

Postby joyrider on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 am

ingood wrote:Nice! Couldn't help but notice in Super Mario World you pressed Y/B together and it actually worked properly! Very promising. :)

yeah i could run and jump at the same time without a problem. although i can't remember what buttons i used as a mapping.

I also seem to have placed this topic in the wrong section, should have gone in the video's section, sorry about that
joyrider

Postby Hellsing1 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Any chance of showing Mario Kart, Star Fox or Yoshi Island?
Hellsing1

Postby joyrider on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Hellsing1 wrote:Any chance of showing Mario Kart, Star Fox or Yoshi Island?

none of those games seem to run atm and i have no clue what the cause is. The snes9x-sdl is just a simple recompiled version with a few settings and keybindings changed so it's not at all optimized. I know nothing about writing / creating emulators. All i did is make sure some version of another system runs on it. for fullspeed and more games a knowledged person about writing emulators should take it as a start and create a new version based upon it or port some other snes emulator. But i think this won't happen until linux is actually fully running on end user systems.(since it takes a lot of work and knowledge about both the host system and the snes system + i think most devs wait till linux is fully running). I'm just doing this for fun and to see what i can get running :)
joyrider

Postby Hellsing1 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Have played Mario Kart via ZSNES on Linux and that plays perfectly. Hopefully someone may look at that. :D
Hellsing1

Postby SiENcE on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:01 pm

What about porting SNES9x to Dingoo without using Linux?

It would be nice to have such a port.
SiENcE

Postby joyrider on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm

SiENcE wrote:What about porting SNES9x to Dingoo without using Linux?

It would be nice to have such a port.

the problem is that we can't atm get sound to work without using the sdk at least i couldn't flatmush is still working on that but he hasn't got much time. if sound works even sdl could be ported natively heck it could be done already now but with a dummy driver for the sound. (so without sound working)
joyrider

Postby mr_beetty on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:04 pm

very promising stuff! it's great to see so many different people trying to improve the dingoo.
mr_beetty

Postby martinax85 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Could it be possible to get the sound working in a close future perhaps, then?

Because if you could get the sound working, and port these apps natively, this would probably be a better sollution than linux FOR NOW, especially since linux seems to be very delayed with the new lcd-controllers etc, natively at least we could get it working while waiting for linux :roll: !?

EDIT:

Otherwise we have to wait for linux until running what is yet only eye-candy, hope and dreams mixed in a tightly sealed jar ;) !
martinax85

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks