Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

2 small vids (showing snes9x-sdl and gnuboy running)

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 2 small vids (showing snes9x-sdl and gnuboy running)

Postby joyrider on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:16 pm

well the main problem is that we know which functions to call but not which parameters to pass to it. Flatmush had already figured out some of them and there's a libaudio.a that could be used (it comes with the toolchain in the lib dir, along with a few others like libos and libenv or something). But i'm not certain the sdk uses it. Also not all functions are exported there are a bunch of them but not all of them. It's probably also one of the main reasons why we don't have sound in the current native emulators for the dingoo os. I had given up on trying to get those libs working since it like searching for a needle in a haystack. Someone that knows assembly could probably figure them out if they dissassemble the object files inside the .a files. but that's not something i can do unfortunatly
joyrider

Postby modis on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 pm

impressive! snes emulator progress is great to see.

keep up the good work
modis

Postby siem on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Nice joyrider, now I really can't wait for dualboot xD
siem

Postby flaviobello on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 am

Nice joyrider, now I really can't wait for dualboot xD

so do i!!!
damn!! you r fast joyrider!!!
snes9x rox!!
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby SiENcE on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 pm

@joyrider: If we can't get SDL-Sound to port, we can port first all other SDL stuff. Better to have gfx than nothing.
SiENcE

Postby ezelkow1 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 pm

I dont know if it would help, but next time I do a build for the toolchain I was going to get SDL_sound in there. Always discovering these random libraries out there that need to be added in. Also managed to do a dosbox build, finished fine but it will be a good while before I can test it, not that I really hold out much hope that it will be good for anything, but it should be interesting to see how it works.
ezelkow1

Postby muriani on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Wow, I'm actually quite impressed that snes9x ran so well. I really didn't expect it to run that smoothly, and with sound! Excellent.
muriani

Previous

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks