Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Zero theme for custom firmware

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Zero theme for custom firmware

Postby flaviobello on Wed May 27, 2009 12:45 am

since my dingoo don't come yet, and my enthusiasm for it gets bigger... i've made a theme for it, zero theme, using photoshop and gba megaman zero sprites, hope you like
since my dingoo is not here to make any tests, an all the info i take from english manual, there are some things i like to say:
1 - i just modify images, i don't mess with any filenames or size of the images, in fact, i've used the original B past of that iphone theme, and that is on the file. a b.rar, so, i don't think it's gonna brick your dingoo
2 - these previews i made in photoshop just to look how is gonna be.
3 - i like to ask if someone with allready "know how" can test this theme for me, if you can put a sshot here, to see how it's gonna be on dingoo, i'll be glad.

so, this is the previews i made:

and this is the rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?iqbhgyxmtdy
ImageImage
flaviobello

Re: Zero theme for custom firmware

Postby adamantibus on Wed May 27, 2009 3:28 am

I hope they implement the theme changing feature in a future official firmware update (i don't feel like messing with custom firmware, too complicated to install for me).
adamantibus

Postby wehavemagnums on Wed May 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Nice work! My dingoo is in the post (should be here in a week or so) and I've also been playing around with custom graphics for themes. It would be good if someone could test yours out.
wehavemagnums

Postby welshmouse on Thu May 28, 2009 6:27 am

adamantibus wrote:I hope they implement the theme changing feature in a future official firmware update (i don't feel like messing with custom firmware, too complicated to install for me).

er, custom firmware is installed the same way as official firmware isnt it?

either way, its dead simple.
welshmouse

Postby adamantibus on Thu May 28, 2009 11:53 am

er, custom firmware is installed the same way as official firmware isnt it?

I think i read some mind numbing instructions on how to install custom firmware that made me crystal clear i wouldn't even try.

In fact, here they are:

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING:
1. Remove memory card if inserted. ( precaution )
2. Make sure that the battery is fully charged.
3. Backup up all files from the internal storage as these are deleted in the process.

INSTALLING THE USB DRIVER IN WINDOWS VISTA:
1. Put the Dingoo a-320 is USB mode by pressing and holding the B button while inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole
2. Conect the USB cable between your computer and Dingoo
3. Now you need to install the windows USB driver for JZ4740 USB Boot device. Click "Locate and install driver software"
4. Click on "I don't have the disc. Show me other options"
5. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
6. Browse to where you extracted the files and choose "Next".
7. Accept the security warning by clicking "Install this driver software anyway"
8. The driver should now install and a final confirmation screen should pop up informing you that the driver was successfully installed as "Chinachip USB loader". Click "Close"

FLASHING PROCESS:
1. Run "flashutil.exe" as administrator by right clicking the file and choose "Run as administrator".
2. Click the "Select" button in the "System DL Config" field and choose "A320_PD27_ILI9325_RLS.dl".
3. Click the "Select" button in the "Firmware file" field and choose "a320-1.03TD-2.hxf".
4. Click the "Burning System" button to start the flashing process.
5. 3 text lines should appear and a "Firmware upgrade" screen should show on your Dingoo. This process could take a couple of minutes.
6. A fourth text line should appear, confirming that the flashing process is complete. Now exit the program.
7. Disconnect the USB cable. The dingoo will now reset and reboot. It will not start up as usual because of the missing system files.

REPLACING THE SYSTEM FILES:
1. Connect the USB cable again.
2. Reset the Dingoo by inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole
3. After a couple of seconds the Dingoo comes up as a physical drive. Open the drive.
4. Copy the system directory into the root directory ( the same location as GAME, PICURE, RECORD etc )
5. Copy the contents of the Emulators directory into the GAME directory
6. Reset the Dingoo again by inserting a pin or similar into the reset hole

You are done. The Dingoo should boot up as normal.
The only difference is the bootup image identifying the firmware.

Change back to English language by doing the following: D-pad right 9 times -> Press A -> D-pad down 5 times -> Press A -> D-pad down 2 times ( English ) -> Press A

CUSTOMIZING THEMES AND FONTS
The directories “a”, “b”, “c” and “d” within the “res” directory contains the images/icons for the main navigation menu. The default contents of each of these directories are practically the same (filenames and number of files) The only obvious difference is that the 2 wallpaper files are different images.
Please remember that no matter what you do you must have the same naming convention, the same number of files in each of the “theme” directories and we are only replacing existing images/icons with our own modified versions!
The font directory within the res directory contains the menu fonts that the Dingoo uses

No way in hell that i'm planning on doing all that stuff...
adamantibus

Postby jasha on Thu May 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Thats what I thought too, but all you have to do is delete the old hxf, copy the new one over (plus the folder included if you are installing the custom firmware), rename the hxf to a320.hxf if necessary. Turn off. Then turn on while holding down on the dpad.
jasha

Postby welshmouse on Fri May 29, 2009 3:36 am

jasha wrote:Thats what I thought too, but all you have to do is delete the old hxf, copy the new one over (plus the folder included if you are installing the custom firmware), rename the hxf to a320.hxf if necessary. Turn off. Then turn on while holding down on the dpad.

yeah, that does make it sound way more difficult than it is.
welshmouse

Postby eule on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Someone at the chinese forum made a 400 mhz version of this firmware:
http://www.a320home.cn/bbs/read.php?tid-1004.html
direct download:
http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/5197911.html
gonna test it now. :lol:

well, it works great, but i can´t tell if it´s faster or not, have to test some more games.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby flaviobello on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:02 am

that's cool!!! my work's on china!!!
next will be megaman x theme
ImageImage
flaviobello

Postby welshmouse on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:38 am

eule wrote:Someone at the chinese forum made a 400 mhz version of this firmware:
http://www.a320home.cn/bbs/read.php?tid-1004.html
direct download:
http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/5197911.html
gonna test it now. :lol:

well, it works great, but i can´t tell if it´s faster or not, have to test some more games.

which of the firmwares is this based upon?

OCing doesnt seem to work on my dingoo, so id like one thats OCd by default. however i dont want to go back to the 'engrish' menu that existed on the official firmware.
welshmouse

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks