Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Your Emulation Quality Opinions

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Your Emulation Quality Opinions

Postby Saikoro on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Im looking to order my Dingoo (Black!!) within the next week or so and was reeeaaaaaaally curious as to how this thing emulates. Ive been an avid Emulation fan for about 6 years and have seen lots of programs (ZSNES, Gens, MAME, etc.) blossom to their full potential while also enjoying them quite extensively. Theres just something cool about playing Super Metroid on my PC with High-Def resolution with a PS2 Controller....

With all of this talk as to how neat the Dingoo is along with all of its features, Im curious to see what you guys have to say about Emulation Quality. How does each Emulator play?? The Dingoo is literally brand new so Im sure that there are some slight kinks here and there. What are your guys thoughts?? Interests for me are in this order:

CPS2
NEO-GEO
CPS1
SNES
Genesis/MegaDrive
NES
GBA

CPS 3 would be absolutely fantastic!! I just got SF3: Third Strike running on my MAME two days ago!!

Some solid questions:

Multiplay support?? Most likely not....
TV Out.... thoughts??
Video Playback Quality
Overall Build....

I already have about 3 gigs of ROMS waiting on my HDD. Along with another 4 worth of Movies. Yeah, you can see that Im a bit excited!!

-Saikoro
Saikoro

Re: Your Emulation Quality Opinions

Postby Bingo83 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:50 pm

Saikoro wrote:
CPS2 - Excellent - plays Dimahoo and Progear very close to original rom
NEO-GEO - Excellent, some roms dont work but most play fine and run very smoothly
CPS1 - Excellent, Everything I have tried except Ghouls n Ghosts has run. GnG has a graphic error wich renders it unplayable
SNES - Very good, not as bad as some people would have you believe, decent rom compatibility as well
Genesis/MegaDrive - Decent, most games play very well, although anything with horizontal scrolling suffers from scanline tear
NES - Perfect from what I can tell
GBA - Perfect

Multiplay support?? Most likely not.... - Not at present, I dont know if this could be done via a firmware mod
TV Out.... thoughts?? - Excellent, I have played most of the Emu's on my 32in HDTV no probs
Video Playback Quality - Suffers from the occasional stutter during playback while it buffers, future firmware upgrade will probably fix
Overall Build.... - Very solid bit of kit, I was expecting it to feel cheap, it has a decent weight in it, the A button can be sticky but I like the D-Pad. Shoulder buttons could be a bit bigger and stick out a bit more.

-Saikoro

Hope that helps
Bingo83

Postby Hellsing1 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:10 pm

CPS1 - 8/10 Excellent in general
CPS2 - 8/10 Excellent in general
NEO-GEO - 9/10 Very good. Some slowdown on shooters when it gets busy.
Snes - 7/10 - Most run perfectly with overclocker and frameskipping - Mario Kart/Yoshi Island/Star Fox/Pilot Wings don't work.
Megadrive - 5/10 - Good speed but lots of graphic issues / Compatibility Issues (e.g. Subterrainia doesn't work)
Nes - 9.5/10 - Some games don't work - Last Starfighter for example
GBA - 8/10 - Not perfect. Some games run slowly - Doom , Need For Speed Games
Hellsing1

Postby Marie on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:36 am

Can anyone that have Dingoo a320, try GBA rooms

KH: Chain of memories
FFV
FFVI
Golden Sun 1 and 2

How them work?
Marie

Postby gibberoids on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 am

golden sun does not play fast enough... i havent tried the others.
it's irritating since the device is easily fast enough to emulate all GBA games perfectly, we just need an optimised emulator to make it work. i wish i could code, i wouldnt even know where to start learning though tbh :(
gibberoids

Return to A320 hardware