Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

X, mplayer, xmms, dillo, strace (sort of) running on Dingux

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Re: X, mplayer, xmms, dillo, strace (sort of) running on Dingux

Postby cyberic99 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:17 pm

It IS running on dingux, it can be installed very easily and it NEEDS dingux to run.
There is almost no need to compile anything.
We will try oto release something usable in a few days/weeks.
cyberic99

Postby cyberic99 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:52 pm

batman52 wrote:
cyberic99 wrote:In the last few days i abandoned the attempts of writing a script to manage debian packages, because I discovered this project:
https://www.slind.org/Main_Page
It provides a "cross" debian environment in a way that you can have a local mirror on your pc to manage software and create a rootfs.. Unfortunately I haven't been able to set up an X-server without recompiling, so ATM i can run just console app (not very useful!).
It would be nice if we could set this thing with your X-server and then fetch apps on debian repo (no more need for custom probabilly buggy scripts! Just run a properly configured apt on your pc, then copy the rootfs on dingoo).

Hello

I discovered also iplinux, which semms to work the same way.
Did you succeed in building some packages?

What did you achieve since then?

I have less time to work on the dingoo now, but I keep trying...

Eric
cyberic99

Postby batman52 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:26 am

Did you succeed in building some packages?

What did you achieve since then?

I quite stopped on this thing because:
1) I was waiting for you to publish something about how to configure X in order to be used, since you said you succeded in moving the mouse on dingoo
2) I wanted be able to merge my packages into the romfs but I can't do it because i get errors in copying /dev/null and /dev/console, (i posted a thread on the linux development forum about one month ago, but noone answered) so i was about to ask it to booboo.

meanwhile i started to compile something...

I found on the ingenics ftp the sources for gtk over a directfb driver. I succesfully compiled directFB, but ATM I'm stuck in compiling glib, that I found it doesn't work with a uclibc toolchain. I have an idea about it, but i think i'll have to ask to someone more skilled then me (probabilly elzekow).

BTW... yesterday i quickly compiled dosbox... but it crashes almost immediately.
batman52

Postby cyberic99 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:46 am

1) Yes I'm sorry I don't wwant to release something that does not work... I used 'keymouse' program and xte to emulate mouse moves, but it does not work very well.

I will try to use matchbox built in keybindings, hopefully I'll try this weekend, I'll keep you updated for sure

2) I replied in your other thread, and I'm following it so tell me how it goes please.

Some packages do not work well with uclibc, maybe this is why dosbox crashes as well

It is possible to use binaries linked with libc on the dingoo, if you provide all the needed libs

But I think glib and all the stuff would be awfully slow to compile on qemu...

maybe you could try to use a mipsel toolchain based on libc?
cyberic99

Postby batman52 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 am

It is possible to use binaries linked with libc on the dingoo, if you provide all the needed libs

Yes, indeed I wanted to compile glib statically with the standard libc toolchain and then link it to the uclibc one... do you think it could work?

I replied in your other thread, and I'm following it so tell me how it goes please.

back-replied, yet! Thanks!

But I think glib and all the stuff would be awfully slow to compile on qemu...

Ah.. ooops! I forgot to mention that I'm not compiling with qemu.. i know it would be too slow and I don't have all that time!

maybe you could try to use a mipsel toolchain based on libc?

I was thinking using the first booboo's library andsee what it happens.
batman52

Postby cyberic99 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 am

batman52 wrote:Yes, indeed I wanted to compile glib statically with the standard libc toolchain and then link it to the uclibc one... do you think it could work?

Maybe, with some trial and errors... Or you could compile everything dynamically against standard libc and provide all needed libs...
cyberic99

Postby batman52 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Or you could compile everything dynamically against standard libc and provide all needed libs...

I'd rather use the ones from debian instead!;-)
batman52

Previous

Return to Homebrew