Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

WolfenDOOM

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

WolfenDOOM

Postby eule on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:07 pm

OK, first to say:
I didn´t code anything, i just tried this and it worked! :D

Download Wolfendoom here: http://www.swefurcon.se/files/wolfendoom/
Add the files from the addon folder to your prboom directory, or atleast the episodes you want to play (original.wad + original.deh is the normal Wolfenstein 3D for example), Then add a new entry into your dmenu.cfg with the episode you want to play, looking like this, but don´t forget to edit the paths if they differ:

MenuItem Doom
{
Icon = "res/ports/doom.png"
Name = "Doom"
Executable = "chmod +x prboom ; ./prboom -file original.wad -deh original.deh"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/ports/prboom"
}

Then you can start shooting Nazis. :lol:
ATTENTION: On my first try my SD card got corrupt and prboom didn´t start after that, so i had to format my card. It´d be wise to make a backup of your card or atleast the most important things prior running WolfenDoom.

Have fun! :geek:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Re: WolfenDOOM

Postby Verruckt on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:37 pm

It works, i tested a few Wolfendoom wads and some more custom maps. Works like a charm and no corruption in my SD. :).
Verruckt

Postby eule on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Good to hear, however, my SD is corrupt again... To be exactly, it´s the prboom.cfg, which is located at local/home/prboom. I can´t delete it and it´s empty. I wonder why prboom wrote into it, maybe cause i tried doom and wolfendoom after each other? Is there a way to tell prboom, to store the wolfenstein config somewhere else or under a different name?

So people, use this with caution! And try not to open Doom after you installed this! If someone is really brave, he could try to reproduce that "bug". Maybe it´s my cheap hama card too, but it shouldn´t be THAT bad, i think it´s the kernel problem booboo told us about.
edit: OK, i found a quick "fix": rename the corrupt and empty prboom.cfg to something else, kaputt.sex for example ^^ Then prboom works again, as it makes a new config. Don´t know why that one is not corrupt, but who cares? :lol:
eule

Postby Verruckt on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:46 pm

I´m Wolfenprey eule, XD.

Well, i only can say that i tested over 13 or 14 different wads, and i have no problems of corruption on my sd, just all is working. I tested on a Sandisk card, and a Kingston card... maybe cheap cards...

I don´t have the problem booboo told about, all is running perfect.

Note: Wads that works with original Doom2.exe will work on prboom, other using "hexen format" or using advanced options (multi floors or polyobjects, as example) or created with a special source port support, like "Doom 64 Total Coversion" will NOT work. Its important that you read all readme.txt about the wad you download.

Enjoy.
Verruckt

Postby eule on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Oh hey! :D
That´s pretty weird :S But atleast i found a little workaround, isn´t fun to reformat because of a stupid 0KB file...
Thanks a lot for testing, and for the insight into doomology. :lol:
Cheers!
eule

Postby jordanvachon on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 am

http://www.doomwadstation.com/main/tc.html

theres also a goldeneye doom : D
jordanvachon

Postby punkysfana320 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:09 am

heres a great wolfdoom icon round just like the rest
www.iconarchive.com/show/mega-games-pac ... ed/Wolfens

and heres one for spear of destiny