Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

WIP Just4Qix for Dingux

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

WIP Just4Qix for Dingux

Postby mrLogan on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:46 am

WIP Just4Qix
============

A little bit of phun inspired by Gals Panic.

This has game has some great music and works fine in Linux. However the music only plays with the Dingux system before the current one. The current Dingux system results in "UNRECOGNISED FORMAT" when trying to load MOD music files through SDL_mixer.

Installation
============
Copy the folder as is into Dingux and make a shortcut to just4qix.

Game Controls
=============

D-Pad moves player.
Holding down Fire 'A' while moving allows player to fill areas.
SELECT = ESCAPE Game, Menu etc.

HELP: I have included all source and makefile etc because I feel that the game without music is a bit of a show stopper and I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on why its not working on the latest build of Dingux?
Attachments
just4qix2.jpg
just4qix2.jpg (14.02 KiB) Viewed 5038 times
just4qix1.jpg
just4qix1.jpg (21.74 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
just4qix.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
mrLogan

Re: WIP Just4Qix for Dingux

Postby mrLogan on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:01 pm

update on music issue.

I am not an expert but I have discovered that SDL_mixer uses uses an implementation of mikmod to play .mod files. The stand alone library libmikmod was added to the last (current) dingux build so I suspect this is where the problem lies.

Searching the forums this kind of issue has turned up now and again in the past due to the close relationship between the two and the fact that SDL_mixer can either use an internal implementation or load one dynamically.
mrLogan

Return to Homebrew