Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Which memory card should i buy?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Which memory card should i buy?

Postby maxif875 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Linux is coming sooner or later and i would like to have a memory card, not only for linux of course. Here's my doubt, i'd like to know for sure if the memory card i'm going to buy it's compatible or not, and i want to know if i could use a microsd with a convertor (microsd-->minisd) or buy directly a minisd, which method would be the cheapest (that's really the point, the cheapness), somes suggests will be appreciate, cause i don't find any 8gb minisd from dealextreme, and i'd prefer 8gb, and last but not least, i could convert that one to sd (for my photo camera).
maxif875

Re: Which memory card should i buy?

Postby welshmouse on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 pm

maxif875 wrote:Linux is coming sooner or later and i would like to have a memory card, not only for linux of course. Here's my doubt, i'd like to know for sure if the memory card i'm going to buy it's compatible or not, and i want to know if i could use a microsd with a convertor (microsd-->minisd) or buy directly a minisd, which method would be the cheapest (that's really the point, the cheapness), somes suggests will be appreciate, cause i don't find any 8gb minisd from dealextreme, and i'd prefer 8gb, and last but not least, i could convert that one to sd (for my photo camera).

micor SD is almost certainly going to be cheaper. obviously it depends on who is selling them, but the technology is much more widely used and therefore sold at a more competetive price. from what i can gather, you need a good quility mini adapter or the dingoo wont recognise it. 16gb micro cards do work (at least, there are people who are using them) so as long as you get a brand name adapter you should be set with whatever cheap micro card you can find.
welshmouse

Postby mr_beetty on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:47 pm

this one is probably the best deal...especially since kingston is a very good brand: http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-8gb-mi ... 47341.html

or you could get a sandisk (another good brand) 8gb micro with adapter for about $20 from various ebay sellers. can anyone confirm if kingston/sandisk micro>mini adapters work on the dingoo?
mr_beetty

Postby welshmouse on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:24 am

mr_beetty wrote: can anyone confirm if kingston/sandisk micro>mini adapters work on the dingoo?

im pretty sure these are two names hat came up in discussion of ones the DO work. since they are brand name, the dingoo should recognise them.
welshmouse

Postby emusan on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:46 am

I got my card and adapter off DX and they both work fine, the adapter said SanDisk, but that label peeled off so I'm guessing its a fake, but it still works fine, which is all that really matters.

I would give links, but DX is down :(, and I was in the middle of tracking an order :(.
emusan

Postby mr_beetty on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:34 pm

emusan wrote:I got my card and adapter off DX and they both work fine, the adapter said SanDisk, but that label peeled off so I'm guessing its a fake, but it still works fine, which is all that really matters.

I would give links, but DX is down :(, and I was in the middle of tracking an order :(.

i'm not sure how much they cost at DX, buy you can buy adapters on ebay for about $3 shipped (from the US, so it'd almost certainly arrive sooner). since i need a new micro sd, i think i'm going to buy the bundle i linked to earlier since we'll get dual boot this weekend :)
mr_beetty

Return to Homebrew