Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Waternet running on dingoo linux

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Waternet running on dingoo linux

Postby joyrider on Tue May 26, 2009 2:53 am

Well i couldn't resist, formatted my mini sd card from my nokia N810 and followed the installation guide. It was pretty simple and didn't have any problems at all installing it !
anyway i tried to see if could get something running, and my waternet game from the gp2x ran with a little effort (i had to compile libsdl_mixer etc). Here's the youtube video :

i'm very sorry for the crap and shaky / dark quality , but it's past 3 am here, so i had to film it with crap lighting and a shoddy digital photo camera, i'll try to post a better video tommorow after work.
Also the sound is not working, because i don't have time to figure out what codec the damn camera used for it's audio. (i wanna go to bed now hehe). Anyway Sound does work in the game and it will take little effort to get everything running (i had disabled text because i didn't compile libSDL_ttf yet and something went wrong when compiling libsdlmixer, because ogg music isn't working for some reason, but i'll figure it out probably tommorow)

take it as a little teaser :)

Link

Booboo or someone else that knows :

how are the keys mapped out in sdl for the dingoo ?

i could have a look at the source tommorow but it saves me some time when i come home if someone knows it like this.

also is it normal that my sound quality is a bit bad on the device using sdl_mixer ? it's playing wav files. although i didn't had time to test enough with it perhaps i have to use a diffrent format than the default one.

my second to last question about the SDL_NOMOUSE=1 would it work if i used the putenv function before initing sdl ? (most of these i can figure out myself but just it could help if you'd know them like that, saves me the hassle)

and finally something the future will probably tell, how would one use the system i mean will games be compiled on the system itself with some packaging system or would that be overkill ? if not we should all be using the same toolchain and libs most probably unless we compile staticly (like we used to do on the gp2x). What do you suggest about this ?
Last edited by Bingo83 on Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added youtube tags :)
joyrider

Re: Waternet running on dingoo linux

Postby ezelkow1 on Tue May 26, 2009 4:35 am

ive posted a uclibc toolchain and rootfs, you can use booboo's rootfs as well. that should get you started on compiling using a standard set of libs. i still have a few more to add like sdl_mixer and sdl_gfx, the one posted is missing some things i have already added as well.
ezelkow1

Postby eule on Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Wow, that´s awesome! :D
Thanks for coding through the night, joyrider! :lol:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Uukrul on Tue May 26, 2009 6:43 pm

joyrider wrote:how are the keys mapped out in sdl for the dingoo ?

Just press the buttons and you'll see the keys :)

my second to last question about the SDL_NOMOUSE=1 would it work if i used the putenv function before initing sdl ? (most of these i can figure out myself but just it could help if you'd know them like that, saves me the hassle)

It should work.

Code: Select all
putenv("SDL_NOMOUSE=1");

Also

system("export SDL_NOMOUSE=1");
Uukrul

Postby ezelkow1 on Tue May 26, 2009 7:02 pm

I just checked really quick and my rootfs does have sdl mixer installed. The only sdl stuff its missing is sdl_net and sdl_gfx, so you can using that one if you want
ezelkow1

Postby Bingo83 on Tue May 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Good work fella, good to see your efforts actually working on the Dingoo. Keep up the good work :)
Bingo83

Postby joyrider on Tue May 26, 2009 9:06 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:I just checked really quick and my rootfs does have sdl mixer installed. The only sdl stuff its missing is sdl_net and sdl_gfx, so you can using that one if you want

Unfortunatly i need sdl_gfx as well for the game. btw did you compile sdl_mixer with ogg support ? i have recompiled mine but can't seem to get ogg support working.

I almost got all the key mappings just have to get the select button although the power button didn't seem to register a keypress.

well the video is a no go, seems the camera doesn't have a microphone so i can't record audio (that's why it's clicking all the time and the quality is way too bad to see anything decent)

but anyway here are the keysym values for sdl on linux :

#define DINGOO_BUTTON_UP            273
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_DOWN          274
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_RIGHT         275
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_LEFT          276
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_R             122
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_L             97
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_A             100
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_B             99
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_X             115
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_Y             120
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_SELECT        32
#define DINGOO_BUTTON_START         13

the putenv function works, so people can do that before the init sdl function
joyrider

Postby joyrider on Sun May 31, 2009 6:45 pm

ok guys, it's fully working now (including the music and skin system).

here's a new video that should explain how the game will be played :

I'll see that i can make a binary release soon so that people can just put it on any root file system and play it.

Link
joyrider

Return to Homebrew