Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

video encoding/playback

The official software and games as released by Dingoo

Moderator: Moderators

video encoding/playback

Postby blastyrant on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:47 am

i guess this post should go here because it is the software of the dingoo that is doing the video playback. i am use the official v1.11 firmware so far. i have not yet messed with other firmwares or codec support.

so far only the vids that come on the dingoo appear to work correctly. i have tried some divx5, xvid, mpg, and wmv encodes from myself and other sources that simply do not play smoothly. the video rendering is fine but the buffereing seems to suffer from a 1 second lag.

i read the report that sience put together (http://sience.schattenkind.net/dingoo/D ... 20_eng.htm). the vids i've encoded followed (for the most part) the settings that were used for the report.

i am not sure at this point if it is a software/firmware issue or if the encoding i am doing is simply incorrect.

can anyone recommend me a setting (using vdub is possible) and a codec? i have no problem reencoding my vids. i got use to it with my ds and dpg. i'd just like to know that what i encode is good for a trip.

also i saw a custom firmware that had updated codecs. does this firmware improve video playback or does it simply support more file types.

cheers.
blastyrant

Re: video encoding/playback

Postby eule on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:45 am

Hmm, weird. I always use Xvid @ 500 - 1000 kbit/s, never had problems with that. I also could rescale to 320x240, but if it plays fine, why should I ? :lol:
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Shred on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:09 am

eule wrote:I also could rescale to 320x240, but if it plays fine, why should I ? :lol:

To save space.
Shred

Postby eule on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:49 am

Sure, but i delete the movie after watching on TV anyways. And 320x240 @ the same bitrate as before is still the same size, i think.
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Return to Official software & games