Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

USB Mode & Charging (again)

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

USB Mode & Charging (again)

Postby jasha on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Ok, so I'm just trying to work things out here and I couldn't find exact answers anywhere, so here goes -

Just collected my Dingoo and love it, but I'm trying to work out how it connects up to the laptop properly and I'm a bit confused

1) I am using vista, and the drivers appear to have installed properly - I get 2 new removeable drives showing up, internal and external memory, so thats ok, but -

Every time I plug it in it says do you want to scan and fix removeable drive? I say no, and it continues on and I can copy files etc no problem.

If I go to safely remove hardware it does it ok, but I'm just left with the USB symbol on the screen still and cant use the Dingoo

2) I am wondering about 'USB mode' as stated in the driver/firmware packages - it says hold down B and push the reset button with a pin to put it into USB mode - how do I know if it has done this? Nothing seems to happen if I do that? And why do I need to do that?

Thanks!
jasha

Re: USB Mode & Charging (again)

Postby CapnDistracto on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 am

I noticed the same issue as you when I first plugged in my Dingoo. After the first couple times, I just let it run the scan and fix option, hasn't seemed to cause me any problems as of yet.

I also had the same error with "safely remove hardware", where I had to eventually use the recessed reset button to get the Dingoo running again. Removing the USB cable from the Dingoo itself seems to be the only way I can get it to recompile any additions, etc.

I'm not sure about the whole manually putting it into USB mode thing. As you said, you have the USB icon on the dingoo screen once you connect it, and shows your files, and should be charging fine, so there's no need to do anything else. I know it doesn't sound safe, but a lot of PMP devices are fine just pulling the usb cable out from them.
CapnDistracto

Re: USB Mode & Charging (again)

Postby jasha on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:16 am

I looked at the system errors and they all just seem to be file date related so I just let Vista fix them and all seems well.

As for the USB mode , I was reading the text file from the updated firmwares (mine shipped in english with 1.03 so I'm not too bothered about changing it at the moment). I just wondered if it made the unit go to a different mode for installing the firmware or something... I think I may use my old XP desktop machine for doing firmware updates just in case.

Have only played a little bit with it so far, but am very impressed, the exception being the MD emu suffering from the horrendous distortion when scrolling. Will add to the correct section with my thoughts on everything else when I get chance.
jasha

Return to A320 hardware