Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Usb eject with iMac

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Usb eject with iMac

Postby kesiev on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi all,
I'm trying to copy a bunch of files into my Dingoo using MacOSX on iMac. Once copied, if I eject the unit, the Dingoo freezes with USB logo on the screen. Is there anyone that solved the problem or have any idea?

Thanks
kesiev

Re: Usb eject with iMac

Postby modis on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:28 pm

as far as i can tell, these are the two possible results. someone correct me if im wrong

1. eject the dingoo from your mac and unplug it. this will freeze the dingoo on the usb screen, forcing you to reset the dingoo.

2. don't eject the dingoo from your mac and unplug it. the dingoo will unload correctly, but your mac will give you an unsafe removal warning.
modis

Postby Harkins on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:39 pm

ThinkGeek has added a warning to their product page:

Important Note for Mac Users
When connecting the Pocket Retro Game Emulator to your Mac computer using USB, you will see it appear as any USB mass storage device with about 4GB available. However after copying over your desired files and ejecting the device, you may find the system needs to be reset (look on the left side of the system for the reset button). This doesn't occur on computers running Windows.

And I'm dealing with another issue on my Linux desktop.
Harkins

Postby kesiev on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Thank you for the quick(est in my life) answer!
I'm not sure that unplugging the Dingoo without ejecting is cache-safe (usually I use the 'flush' command under linux in these cases - dunno under Mac how it works).
Is also the first time that I hear USB mass storages having problems with Linux (and any OS). Probably there is something broken in Dingoo's Firmware (the progress bar that is shown after safely removing the Dingoo under Windows is also strange - If it does some caching, is more unsafe to turn off the Dingoo before telling him that was unplugged)
I'll have a look for same issue on same USB Mass Storage interfaces.

Another question: the power charger in the box has a plug that - obviously - isn't supported in Italy. I've also noticed that charging the Dingoo attaching it to the computer, it keeps the display on with static USB logo. Can it ruin the display? The Dingoo also charges when is into its dashboard with powered off display? And can I use the iPhone charger for my Dingoo, since it is USB based too?

Excuse me for these basic questions but I have to say that the manual was more confusing than helpful - and I'm new to chinese hardware :)
kesiev

Postby kesiev on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Uhm... plugged the iPhone charger... battery charging icon is on the screen ;) I hope that I'm not doing something stupid :)
kesiev

Postby welshmouse on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:18 pm

just to note, when youve been copying files you are NOT supposed to eject the device thru your OS. you are supposed to just disconnect it from USB and it will update itself (it has to sort out its internal cache or something) youll se it updating on scren with a little bar. if you eject, it doesnt get the disconnect notice and doesnt begin theupdate, hence the freeze (it thnks its still conected)
welshmouse

Return to A320 hardware