Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

TV-OUT - bad socket???

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

TV-OUT - bad socket???

Postby betono on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:48 am

Howdy! :-)

I recently bought Beambox R-1 (pico projector) and i tried to set it up with Dingoo, as R-1 cannot smoothly play almost any video file.
I bought myself a 3,5mm jack to jack (4-pin) cable and i sat in my armchair ready to go :-)
How suprised i was, when it turned out that after connecting dingoo and enabling tv-out (connect TV option from menu) all i could hear was squeek and no video on projector...
Surprise was even bigger, when i tried disconnecting the set and .... the video showed on the projector - it seems like the A/V socket is not correctly designed and it works but you have to pull out a plug a little bit - how strange is that?
Maybe i`m missing something or there is some remedy to this friggin socket?
Last edited by betono on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
betono

Re: TV-OUT - bad socket???

Postby Factory on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 pm

I do not like the idea of "pulling out" so i ask you guys - do you also have to pull out? :-))

If you dont want kids, Yes!
Factory

Postby betono on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:43 pm

:)
betono

Postby Yongary on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm

I had the same problem with a different Chinese MP4 Player (the GameKing III). I don't think there's anything that you can do about it. It appears to be a design flaw with many of these players.
Yongary

Postby JeKel on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:34 am

Could you use the TV out cable that came with the Dingoo which allows for plugging in completely then use a similar style cable into the projector and just use RCA (double female) barrel couplers in between to join the two cables together?
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby betono on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:13 am

I tried this approach but this connection is terrible - the colors are wrongly connected on Dingoo and to see anything you have to cross-connect yellow cable with red on projector. I did that but i still wasn`t able to watch anything - no audio, video also very bad (maybe the cables are simply crappy?)
betono

Return to A320 hardware