Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

transport tycoon port

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

transport tycoon port

Postby Haas on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:04 pm

OpenTTD is an open source clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", a popular game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features.

This game is awesome! And they already made a port to the ds. And if we can get the mouse working nice with the arrows, it would be a cool game for the dingoo.
OpenTTD is opensource you only need the original graphics files from the orignal game.

Download here: (also the binairies no idea what it is but i guess you guys need it )
http://www.openttd.org/en/download-stable
Last edited by Haas on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Haas

Re: Open transport tycoon

Postby Reo on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:53 am

I doubt the game screen would fit on the Dingoo without it being heavily modified. Perhaps the interface could mimmick Rollercoaster Tycoon for the Xbox (similar game by the same creator of the original Transport Tycoon). The DS version looks pretty modified. The game should run well, as the DS only has 4mb of memory. I'd love to see a port.
Reo

Re: transport tycoon port

Postby eule on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 pm

I´d love a port too, this is one of my all-time favorites! :D
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby Haas on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Well if we want it we have to port it ourself but i have no clue how or what to do. And if it takes up to much time I don't have the time too atm. Busy with school...even in holidays....
I asked it on there forum but due to the lack of any sense of humor they mis interpreted my post/titel and started bashing me. So that wasn't a very big success.
Last edited by Haas on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haas

Postby espontaneo on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Have a bit of patience - maybe it will get ported at some point - but probably not within 48 hours of you asking

Personally - though I love the game I can't see it working out at 320x240, there's too much information to fit on the screen..
espontaneo

Postby Haas on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:52 pm

espontaneo wrote:Have a bit of patience - maybe it will get ported at some point - but probably not within 48 hours of you asking

Personally - though I love the game I can't see it working out at 320x240, there's too much information to fit on the screen..

haha yeah no hurry, and it is only an idea/suggestion, it is not that it must be done, aaarg I will stop typing those guys on openttd made me angry :@ . @#$%$%$!@#@$%#^$^&$#@$##$%#
Haas

Return to Homebrew