Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Dingoo A320 Quick Start Guide

General forum news and announcements

Moderator: Moderators

The Dingoo A320 Quick Start Guide

Postby Bingo83 on Sun May 24, 2009 2:57 pm

The A320.Freeforums.Org - Dingoo A320 Quick Start Guide

If you are reading this you have probably just got your Dingoo and cant wait to get it unpacked and playable.

Take the time to read this quick start guide and any initial ownership teething problems will be alleviated.

The Dingoo is capable of emulating many of the older consoles, some more successfully than others.

The Dingoo itself comes preinstalled with many of the emulators you need so the only thing for you to do is add some roms.

To ensure your rom files are playable they need to have the correct extension. All roms except CPS1 need to be unpacked.

NES = .NES
GBA = .GBA
SNES = .SMC
Megadrive = .SMD
NeoGeo - .MVS
CPS1 = RAR/ZIP'd Mame Files
CPS2 = .CP2

Please note that NeoGeo and CPS2 Roms need to be run through the appropriate convertor to make them playable on the Dingoo.

CPS2 convertor
NeoGeo convertor

Dont expect miracles or for every game to be playable at 100% speed with sound. Some games run better than others and there is also room for improvement on all the emulators but for the most part they are very playable after you tinker with a few settings like frameskip, sound on/off etc.

Folder Structure on the Dingoo

There are various folders preloaded when you get your Dingoo. The one I am sure you most want to see is the GAME folder.

Your Dingoo comes with a few games from Dingoo themselves and some Jungletac roms which play via the GBA emulator.

The Dingoo games are stored as .APP files in the GAME/3D folder.
The Jungletac games are stored in the GAME/GBA folder.

How you set up the Dingoo for other systems is entirely your own choice, some people prefer to split it per system others just create a folder for everything.

I go for the per system structure and have various subfolders created for each.

So long as your put your folder in the /GAME folder the installed emu's will find them.

I currently have :

/GAME/GBA
/GAME/NES
/GAME/MVS
/GAME/CPS1
/GAME/CP22
/GAME/MEGADRIVE
/GAME/SNES

Firmwares

There are more than a few Firmwares released for the Dingoo. Your machine Should come with V1.03 however there is a newer official one on the Dingoo website which offers more language options. There are also custom firmwares available, some like those from Dingoo Digital let you customise practically every visual aspect of your dingoo with new themes/fonts etc. Others come with preoverclock, different sound enhancements or updated video codecs. It depends on personal preference and just how much you want to personalise your Dingoo experience.

Offical Firmware v1.1
Dingoo Digital Custom Firmware
Preoverclocked Firmare

My own personal preference if for the preoverclocked firmware with updated video codec.

Video and Music Perfomance

I wont re-invent the wheel and instead point you in the direction of SiENcE's website which has all the information you will ever need on whats playable and whats not on your Dingoo.

SiENcE detailed analysis HERE

Please note that this is a WIP and I will be adding sections on everything from Linux to Homebrew and everything in between over the next few days.

I hope you find it useful, as ever comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Bingo83

Return to News & announcements