Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Suggestion - Exult

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Suggestion - Exult

Postby espontaneo on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:19 pm

Exult is an interpreter that allows a couple of the ultima games to be played - should be a relatively simple port - the gp2x has it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exult

Not a request, I've never been an ultima fan, just putting it out there - but It might be ( I say might be, what do I know?) an easy job for anyone starting off compiling/coding out there, and I haven't found mention of it anywhere on these forums.
espontaneo

Re: Suggestion - Exult

Postby CirothUngol on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Exult is a fantastic interpreter for one of my all time favorite Computer RPGs (I played through Ultima III and IV back in the day), but I think the lack of a keyboard would be a chore to workaround.
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
Odie, Odie, cha cha cha
CirothUngol

Re: Suggestion - Exult

Postby dth on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:42 pm

I had a go at this the other day. I managed to get it to compile and run alright, but it had no sound and messed up graphics. Controls shouldn't be too much of an issue, if there is a port for the gp2x I might be able to use some of that code to handle the mouse. Using one of the triggers as a toggle should provide enough buttons to be able to play. Don't know about sound though, I wouldn't know where to start with that.

The graphics should be easy enough to fix, but another problem is that it writes files when you start it and after a few runs these became corrupted due to the problem with Dingux. So I might have to give up on this for a little while until Booboo has fixed the problem.

Dan
dth

Return to Homebrew