Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Some first impressions

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Some first impressions

Postby modis on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Now that I've played with my dingoo for a little bit, I feel that I should offer some impressions to potential buyers.

As it stands, here as the positives:

- NES Emulation works very well.
- GBA emulation largely works very well. One of my favorite GBA games, advance wars, works flawlessly.
- TV out is a very nice feature and seems to be very useful.
- Some SNES games work okay. I haven't tried overclocking yet but a few of my favorites like Death & Return of Superman, Kirby's Dream Course and Aerobiz run well.
- It took me 3 different roms, but I found a snes NBA Jam rom that works on the dingoo! Runs great too.

Areas that need improvement:

- SNES Emulation. Obvious but the most serious for me. Several games like Mario Kart, Top Gear 3000 among others are completely unplayable.
- Y/B Button issue. Can't jump + throw shells in super mario world without remapping buttons.
- Some roms (mostly SNES) take forever to load for me.
- Mac osx support. My mac ejects the dingoo, but the dingoo remains on the usb connection screen, forcing me to reset the dingoo after mounting. Another time it froze when I was transferring roms.
- Would like the ability to change "interesting games" to something less silly.

It's a pretty respectable unit for $83. It does a lot, but I mostly care about Nintendo emulation, though I will try the other emus over time. Even as is, I can see myself playing this thing a ton, but I still have my fingers crossed for improved linux SNES emulation. One of my speakers failed already, so I'm going to RMA it. Other than that random problem, the build quality seems to be good.
modis

Re: Some first impressions

Postby knk on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:57 pm

for the issue with the disk not working with your mac. check my post which is title something like 'did your dingoo come with some messed up partition'. I think the fix there should work. What nba jam rom did you use? The one i tried omits some of the sounds and is kinda slow. What do you have your frameskip set to to play it?

If this post comes out funny its because of opera mini. waiting for an exam to start, hate uni lol
knk

Re: Some first impressions

Postby losa on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:41 am

Really impressed with it so far. The build quality is nice and quite comfortable to hold, though I would have moved the headphone port myself. The screen is fantastic and the games look fantastic on it. It's been a joy to play retro games again which I previously owned for consoles/handhelds like the NES, SNES, GBA, etc.

I shall not spam!!!/dingoo-a320-d ... -1629.html
losa

Return to A320 hardware