Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

small hickups in the dingux system..

Moderator: Moderators

small hickups in the dingux system..

Postby joyrider on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:23 pm

anyone noticed these ? i first came across them while backporting gnuboy to dingux. They seem to affect fps and seem to be caused by mmcqd process.

anyway if you are experiencing these i have been experimenting with a few commands and these seem to help with my gnuboy port :

mount -o remount,rw,async,nosuid,noatime,nodiratime /boot
then check with mount if the options went through or not (you should be doing this from a telnet session in / )

then do
renice 20 `pidof mmcqd`

and then start your emulator game that had these hickups / freezes.

Do note this for games / emulators that run always fullspeed but get random hickups (so this isn't a magic command to make games run better that the dingoo can't handle :p)

it works with me for mame & dingux gnuboy (which isn't released yet)
joyrider

Re: small hickups in the dingux system..

Postby MeneerJansen on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:08 pm

How do I establish a telnet session w/ my Dingoo?
MeneerJansen

Postby remax on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Just plug it under dingux, and telnet 10.2.0.1 with putty.

I have big stability problems with telnet, i loose connection at any moment and have to plug and unplug many times before getting it back...
remax

Postby MeneerJansen on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks for the info! I use Linux, and when I plug the Dingoo in when its running Dingux it will not mount. So thats why the telnet session won't start I think. Will puzzle some more w/ this. :)
MeneerJansen

Postby joyrider on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:06 pm

oh yeah forgot to mention Dmenu can not run automaticly when entering those commands. since the mount command will fail then.

if you are in linux and dingux is running an auto usb connection will pop up as soon as it established just telnet 10.1.0.2

In windows you will have to install some ethernet gadget usb driver (which doesn't work in vista / 7 at least i couldn't get them to work in it).

once installed go to the tcp ip settings of the ethernet gadget card and put as ip 10.1.0.2 subnetmask 255.0.0.0

then you should be able to telnet (using putty) to the dingoo as well from within windows.
joyrider

Postby vimrc on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:12 pm

MeneerJansen wrote:Thanks for the info! I use Linux, and when I plug the Dingoo in when its running Dingux it will not mount. So thats why the telnet session won't start I think. Will puzzle some more w/ this. :)

===============================================================
The following is from the readme in BooBoo's dingux_system_20090916.zip:

1- Set the DNS server(s): create a file "local/etc/resolv.conf" in your
miniSD card with the following contents (put the DNS server of your
choice):

Code: Select all
    nameserver 194.179.1.100 (just an example!!! you should use your own resolv.conf.)

2- Configure your PC to behave as a router. In linux this can be done as
follows:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.0.0.0/8 -j MASQUERADE

==============================================================
Well, maybe you need to type the following command in terminal to assign the IP address
dynamically after that:

sudo dhclient usb0

If everything is OK, dhclient will tell you dingoo has been assigned to 10.1.0.2.

Don't forget the disable the Dmenu like what joyrider said. Then you can use ftp softwares such as FileZilla to
upload/download sth.
vimrc

Postby MeneerJansen on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Vimrc: I would like to connect to my Digoo w/ telnet or FTP. So I ran "ifconfig" and saw that the IP address of my PC (which is attached to a router, bunno if this complicates tgings...) is: 192.168.123.187. So I created a file on my Dingoo/Dinux called: "/local/etc/resolv.conf" and simply put the line "nameserver 192.168.123.187" in there. Then I ran all the commands you mentioned in your post (as root). Now a telnet session (i.e. "telnet 10.1.0.2") from a terminal works!!! I believe that when I finger in a command (like "ls") in the telnet session, that command is run from the Dinux machine, is it not? Becuase when I run "which rar" it returns nothing, whereas my PC does rerurn "/usr/bin/rar".

But what exactly do you and Joyrider mean by "disable the Dmenu [...]. Then you can use ftp softwares such as FileZilla to upload/download sth."? I think I know how to disable Dmenu (editing the startup script: "/local/sbin/main"). Funny thing is when I run "kill -KILL <dmenu's process id>" the perky little Dingux interface does a 'Phoenix from the ashes' trick, that is: it auto starts again.

Anyway, what do you mean by "upload sth" and how do I connect to my Dingoo w/ FTP? Simply put in "10.1.0.2" for the FTP servername? I love fiddeling around with Linux and my Dingoo! :mrgreen:

[edit] Wait a minute. Simply putting "10.1.0.2" in the "Host" field of gftp does connect to the Dingoo! I tried to transfer a file. It did not show up in the gFTP window for the Dingoo, but it DID transfer to the root of the SD card in my Dingoo. Hi hi.
MeneerJansen

Return to Linux Developer / Coder discussions