Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Silicon smell from A320 - is it normal?

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Silicon smell from A320 - is it normal?

Postby krk on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Hello.

Recently (like 2 weeks ago) I bought Dingoo A320 (with new LCD controller).
As far is a good machine (I can't wait to unleash full potential & make some music with it, but dingoo linux is still unready, so I gotta wait), but I noticed smell of 'burnt silicon' after like 30/45 minutes of active Dingoo. Everything is working fine, no lags, resets, handheld isn't 'warmed up', just you can smell specific silicon scent (best felt from mini sd slot) - I'm worried about it.
Does anyone experienced similar thing? Maybe Dingoo is warming up a little and that smell is a normal thing (thus I do remember same smell /20xtimes more intensive/ when RAM burned in a PC of my friend).

Thanks in advance for replay.
krk

Re: Silicon smell from A320 - is it normal?

Postby mr_beetty on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:18 pm

i haven't noticed that in mine, which also has the new LCD controller, and i've played games for ~1 hour at a time before. i also use it as an mp3 player almost daily for 30-40 min at a time (although this is less intensive because the screen turns off after a bit).
mr_beetty

Postby jasha on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Cant say I've noticed anything with mine, but I would guess it's more likely to be a blob of errant glue gun adhesive on the battery or something like that, rather than anything overheating per se.
jasha

Postby Dan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:21 am

I have that smell too, though it's been getting less noticeable over the month that I've had it.
Dan

Postby krk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:05 am

Guess we can name A320 as 'smelly Dingoo' :D

I hope that's battery glue-ing thing or something like that.

I'll post update if Dingoo (black one, I forgot to mention it, but I don't think that's important in this case) will suddenly break/burn/smoke/f* up.
krk

Return to A320 hardware