Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[EMULATOR] Sega Master System/Game Gear emulator for Dingoo

Only for posting new releases of Dingoo OS based software.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sega Master System/Game Gear emulator for Dingoo

Postby jackpasser on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:02 am

real nice work man! it's much better than Subzero's sim. would you continue to do some work for PCE emu ?
jackpasser

Postby alekmaul on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:46 am

Thanks all for your comment, i will continue to migrate my nds emulators to dingoo that's fun ;)
MmmRevolution -> i did the emulator from scratch, with infos regarding vdp/tms9918 /sn76489 , and so on. Only the z80 is not from me . I don't understand why you want i take a look at DrMD, i don't want to put megradrive emulation in SmsGGOO.
SiENcE, here is the code of the menu, but i don't think it's usefull for you ...
I'm using StringCompiler to manage xml file in the sdn ressource because some characters can't be display with direct string display.
Also, i will certainly release MarcaDS on Dingoo, so you will have Pacman and much more games ;)
At least, just take a look at my Rick Dangerous port, you've also got a menu and full source code is available on my website.
Code: Select all
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
void GameEngine::DrawSmsMenu(void)
{
#define FONTINC 20
#define FONTDEB 20
  int i;
   Point p(m_iScreenWidth>>1,0);
   Pixel colorwhite;colorwhite.rgb(0xff,0xff,0xff );
   Pixel colorred;colorred.rgb(0xff,0x00,0x00);
  Pixel coloryellow;coloryellow.rgb(0xff,0xff,0x00);
   Rect  rcSmall;
   rcSmall.left = 160;
   rcSmall.top = FONTDEB+20;
   rcSmall.right = 160+150;
   rcSmall.bottom = FONTDEB+140;

m_pDraw2D->Clear(0,0,0);
   p.x = 160; p.y = 4;   m_StrMgr.DrawString( 1, colorwhite,ANCHOR_HCENTER|ANCHOR_TOP,p);

if (m_Flag == GF_GAMECHOOSE) {
    p.x = 70; p.y = FONTDEB+FONTINC*2;   m_StrMgr.DrawString( 12+7, colorwhite ,ANCHOR_LEFT|ANCHOR_TOP,p);
    p.x = 80; p.y = FONTDEB+FONTINC*5;   m_StrMgr.DrawString( 13+7, colorwhite ,ANCHOR_LEFT|ANCHOR_TOP,p);
  }
  else if (m_Flag == GF_GAMEINIT) {
    p.x = 100; p.y = FONTDEB+FONTINC*3;   m_StrMgr.DrawString( 14+7, coloryellow ,ANCHOR_LEFT|ANCHOR_TOP,p);
  }
  else {
     for (i=1;i<7;i++) {
        p.x = 10; p.y = FONTDEB+FONTINC*i;   m_StrMgr.DrawString( i+1, (m_MenuSel == i-1 ? colorred : colorwhite),ANCHOR_LEFT|ANCHOR_TOP,p);
     }
     if (m_MenuShowSound) {
        p.x = 70; p.y = FONTDEB+FONTINC*2;   m_StrMgr.DrawString( m_MenuShowSound+7, colorred ,ANCHOR_LEFT|ANCHOR_TOP,p);
     }

m_pImgS2d->CreateFromMemory(TF_TRUECOLOR,SYSVID_WIDTH,vdp.height,&temp,sizeof(unsigned short),NULL);
    m_pDraw2D->SetTexture( m_pImgS2d );      
    m_pDraw2D->DrawStretchOverlay(rcSmall,NULL);
    m_pImgS2d->Free();
  }
}

Shred-> give me an example, which roms are not good ?
About custom firmware, yes i think it's perhaps a pb to allow OS to find .SMS files.
SOmeone told me that ColeCOO works only if Dingoo is with firmware 1.1, that's perhaps the same pb.
alekmaul

Postby hwrdmonster on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:14 am

MarcaDS is excellent. Very much looking forward to it on my Dingoo!
hwrdmonster

Postby Shred on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm

I tried to load Wonder Boy in Monster Land (USA, Europe)
and Zillion (Japan, Europe),Zillion (USA) (v1.1) Zillion (Europe) (v1.2)

all of which display Japanese text.
Shred

Postby MythomizeR on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks sincerely for this another native S.O. emulator :-)

alekmaul wrote:Thanks all for your comment, i will continue to migrate my nds emulators to dingoo that's fun ;)

Fantastic, your Amstrad emulator for DS AmeDS is great, on Dingoo would are aWeSOmE :-)

ColecoDS also is very well and ThomDS see interesting...

jackpasser wrote:real nice work man! it's much better than Subzero's sim. would you continue to do some work for PCE emu ?

Yeah, a TurboGrafx-16 emulator would make very happy to my :-)

MmmRevolution wrote:Je ne sais pas quel est l'émulateur que tu as utilisé à l'origine pour SmsGGOO mais connais-tu DrMD ? un excellent émulateur Master System/ game gear et aussi Megadrive (picodrive reste mieux pour la megadrive)
il existe des versions GP2X et Gizmondo de cette émulateur ici: http://reesy.gp32x.de/

It would be fantastic to port the impressive Reesy's DrMD Megadrive code, since his really highest compatibility, I think is greater than Picodrive (anyway, thanks to A600 for his work, of course).

Thanks again alekmaul and Greetings.
MythomizeR

Postby adamantibus on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Is there any chance of getting better sound in this?

Thanksd for your great work.
adamantibus

Postby SiENcE on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:04 pm

thank alekmaul.

i will continue to migrate my nds emulators to dingoo that's fun

sounds good ;-)
SiENcE

Postby alekmaul on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Thanks a lot for your comments, that's great to see that Dingoo Scene is so active !
Just a little WIP to inform you that I migrated SmsGGOO to a "non sdk"' version and ... it works great :D !
Now, it's full speed with better sound (yes better sound WITHOUT SDK) and I fixed palette pb in Fantastic Dizzy and Space Harrier (perhaps others, i don't know).
I must rewrite all the interface because it's not compatible with a "non sdk" version. The screen is no more resize actually, i must write a fast rendering resize algorythm to have something nice.
Also, don't expect a new version before next week end, i have a job and i can't work on it each day, sorry about that ...
alekmaul

Postby Harteex on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:25 pm

alekmaul: cool! :)
I'm currently working on a project without the SDK, but I haven't come as far as sound yet. I really don't know much about how it works. If you could post how you use the sound, I would be very happy. :) But it's not a hurry.
Harteex

Postby Gemei21 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks for your work. :!:
Portuguese Dingoo Site:
http://www.dingoobr.blogspot.com
Gemei21

PreviousNext

Return to Dingoo OS Releases