Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Say it aint so...:(

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Say it aint so...:(

Postby dollarhorror on Sat May 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Is it true that you can't overclock if you are using the a320 with you TV? What if he get it onto the TV and then overclock?

If this is true, how hard / dangerous is it to update to the firmware that is already overclocked. One of the big selling points for me was playing old console roms and GBA games on a TV
dollarhorror

Re: Say it aint so...:(

Postby martinax85 on Sat May 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, when linux arrives, it will open possibilities for better emulators and software, and perhaps overclocking would not be necessary at all, just hold your breath for another 1-2 weeks ;) !
martinax85

Postby Dan on Sat May 16, 2009 3:40 pm

dollarhorror wrote:Is it true that you can't overclock if you are using the a320 with you TV? What if he get it onto the TV and then overclock?

If this is true, how hard / dangerous is it to update to the firmware that is already overclocked. One of the big selling points for me was playing old console roms and GBA games on a TV

Overclocking isn't necessary for everything.
Dan

Postby dollarhorror on Sat May 16, 2009 5:01 pm

But will it work while playing on the TV? (Overclocking that is).

Also, any input on the other part of my question, about installing that pre-overlocked firmware, would be greatly appreciated.
dollarhorror

Postby Dan on Sat May 16, 2009 5:04 pm

dollarhorror wrote:But will it work while playing on the TV? (Overclocking that is).

Also, any input on the other part of my question, about installing that pre-overlocked firmware, would be greatly appreciated.

I'll go check for you now.
Dan

Postby martinax85 on Sat May 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Well, the reason you need to oveclock is that the emulators isnt that good and not optimised for the device. If linux would come, simply porting better emulators would probably remove the total need of overclocking at all.

dollarhorror wrote:Also, any input on the other part of my question, about installing that pre-overlocked firmware, would be greatly appreciated.

I dont think that is a pre-overclocked firmware, but a firmware with the overclock tool "built in", correct me if I'm wrong tho!
martinax85

Postby dollarhorror on Sat May 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Oh, I thought there was one that was an unofficial one from China that was pre-overclocked at 320 (or something). Maybe I read it wrong. If it is around, it is in this forum someplace.
dollarhorror

Postby Dan on Sat May 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I just tested it and overclocking doesn't work with the TV out. If you have it connected to the TV before you activate the overclocking application the picture on the TV messes up, and if you connect it to the TV after overclocking it it just resets the clock speed.
Dan

Postby Bingo83 on Sat May 16, 2009 6:05 pm

The overclock is built into the firmware that the members of the chinese forum coded. The one with the amended video codec. That is the one I have been using for a few weeks now with no probs.

HERE
Bingo83

Postby Dan on Sat May 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Bingo83 wrote:The overclock is built into the firmware that the members of the chinese forum coded. The one with the amended video codec. That is the one I have been using for a few weeks now with no probs.

HERE

Do you know if it works with TV out?

Edit: Does it work when the Dingoo isn't plugged into the power supply as well?
Dan

Next

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks